Wednesday, 8 July 2015

Strong by Alison Hall





 
 

Hello Crafters! After a few weeks of using the 4 inch round Gelli Plate, my project today features the 3x5 inch oblong one.

 

Here's what I used... 


Crafter's Workshop Stencils - Mini Arrows & Hearts, Mini Pomegranate, Mini Messy Circles, Mini Cubist, Mini Harlequin
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Acrylic Paint - French Roast, Nougat, Blush, Rose
Cream Card - 6x6 inch
Stamping Block - 6x6 inch
Crochet lace

 

Here's what I did...

 

1. I began by cutting a piece of white card 5.5 inch square, then gave it a couple of coats of French Roast Fresco paint.
 

2. I attached the 3x5 inch Gelli Plate to the stamping block, brayered a dot of Nougat Fresco over it, laid the Messy Circles stencil onto the paint, removed the stencil, then stamped the design on the top left corner of my base-coated card. I continued in this way, using Nougat, Blush and Rose, and the other Crafter's Workshop stencils, until I had covered my card.
 

3. Next, I stenciled the Dina Wakley Stenciled Woman onto my card, using French Roast Fresco. As French Roast is a transluscent paint, I stenciled three layers of it to get a good coverage.
 

4. I used French Roast to stencil some dotty arrows (from Mini Arrows & Hearts) around the edges, stamped the quote with the Archival ink, then inked the edges of the card.

 
5. I attached my artwork to a 6x6 inch cream card, then added a lace crown and choker to my lady, as a finishing touch.

 

I hope I've inspired you to get creative today,

 

Alison x

8 comments:

  1. That's fab Alison, I love the subtle background x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Alison, the soft colours look fab.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sentiment and the idea that strength does not have to be hard or aggressive. Beautiful colours, lovely gelli background and the perfect embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Alison, love the subtle colours....another stencil I need to put on my wishlist!
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great, the colours are wonderful.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous background Alison and the stencilled face really pops on there. Great finishing touches too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicate but with underlying strength ... fabulous!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is beautiful - I love how powerful she looks over that subtly layered background.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...