Monday, 6 July 2015

She Walks Amoung the Flowers by Moira Sutton


We are delighted to announce that Moira Sutton will be our guest designer for July and August and would like to wish Moira a very warm welcome.
 
 

 

 
 

Materials 


Canvas Board 25 x 31 cm
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic Paints in Carbon Black and Raw Umber 

 

I chose a canvas board rather than a frame canvas as it is easier to apply texture through a stencil on board and I’m all for an easy life. Although the board is pre-gessoed I added more Gesso as I knew I would be adding lots of water and wanted to protect the board

 
When the gesso was dry I stamped the Stampendous Glance stamp onto the canvas board with Archival black, I did not want the “hair” on the stamp to govern what I wanted to do so I left that area unlinked. I then masked it. I love this stamp as it’s size means it can be used on a range of sizes including large ones like this canvas. It also means someone else does the face drawing for me, not my strength!  
 
 
 


 
I added flowers using texture paste through the PaperArsts Lin Brown Stencil moving the stencil around till the board was covered and left it to dry.

 
I coloured my flowers with various colours of Gelato then spritzed them with water and smooshed the colour with my finger. If you are not a finger painter using a brush is fine. Leave to dry and apply a fixative. Be especially careful mixing between cool (blue, green, purple) colours and warm (yellow, red, orange, pink) colours as this can create mud, if unsure stick to just cool or just warm colours.
 
 
 
 



 

 
I used the Pitt Big Brush pens to add shading to the petals and the white Sharpie pen to add some highlights.
 
 
I coloured the face using a mix of Gelatos and Pitt Big Brush Pens and redefined the features with a Fude Pen.

 
I added extra texture paste to the hair with a credit card and painted it with the DecoArt Media paints.
 

Final touches were to edge with the Paint Dabber and with some watered down black paint flick splashes of black across the canvas.  

 

Moira

9 comments:

  1. Welcome Moira!
    Your page is beautiful, such lovely colours!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a big welcome from me too. Lovely brightly coloured page. Hope you have a fab time with us
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant debut creation Moira, another lady that loves colour too ;)
    Big welcome hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to have you joining us Moira and your creation is beautifully textured and colourful and that's a favourite stamp of mine too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely texture n vibrancy! Moira I do admire the way you use bright colours with what seems like no fear - I'm such a coward with my colour choices . Lovely to see you as Guest designer .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moira, Welcome!
    WOW this is full of life and such beautiful use of that stamp.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. A delightful canvas, really LOVE this! Welcome to you Moira, that's a fabulous start in my opinion, and thank you for the detailed step-by-step!
    Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome aboard great to have you. What a spectacular board so full of vibrancy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely Moira, great colours xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...