Thursday, 16 July 2015

Shabby Chic Vase by Debs Wainwright


Hello everyone ooh I've been waiting all week for this post so I can share the Good News and show how I have been playing. 


I have several pieces to show you, details of which can be found on my blog next week but first I want to show how fabulous these new stencils are and that they can be used on many other substrates.








This vase was first sealed and then a coat of Crackle Paint was applied all over and left over night to dry. 







I rubbed in Burnt Umber Antiquing Cream all over the cracks and once dry, rubbed it back, leaving the cracks more emphasised. Using permanent inks in complimentary colours, I started to build up the pattern on the vase. Once complete, I tied some string and rusty wire around the top of the vase for decoration. To the wire I added some beads and tied the string in a bow.







What I used


Archival Ink in Watering Can, Coffee and Hydrangea  
All Purpose Sealer 
Rusty Wire
Wired String

 

 


Now for some more makes



Two ATCs and a small picture. 


 





These are silk phone cases the blue one is hand dyed and then stencilled with fabric paint the other is just fabric paint.







 
On the acrylic atc, I built up the layers back to front as the acrylic atc is see through. You can also see MDF board too, which was lovely to work on.







See you all soon


Take Care


Debs xx

8 comments:

  1. What a stunning showcase for the Dinky's, a fabulous variety of makes. Love how you've transformed the vase.
    Love
    Amanda x
    PS do you have 36hrs in your day lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these stencils x they look fab x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, loads of eye candy there Debs, all beautifully made and showing the stencils to perfection ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the vase just shows how versatile these little beauties are

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word how fabulous! This should be on display in a boutique window, really beautiful.
    I could see this could become addictive - nothing will be safe in the home from the Dinky Stencils.
    The ATC collection is amazing. The most stunning pieces of mini art.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous collection of projects Debs, great showcase for the stencils! I love the bright colours, and the crackle on the vase! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Debs! You have been busy! An amazing collection of beautiful artwork and love them all!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning altered vase - the crackle is just beautiful - and the ATCs are absolutely fantastic. What a brilliant post of creations, Debs - wow!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...