Friday, 3 July 2015

Mirror, Mirror by Laura



 
 


I have lots of these Ikea mirrors as they are such good value and so easy to decorate.

The base colour of this one was already red, so I painted on a coat of DecoArt Americana Crackle Medium and when this was dry, I followed with a coat of DecoArt Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paint in Relic.

I stamped various different size pieces of Stampbord with Lynne Perrella stamps (I used Versafine ink) and then I coloured the images using Distress markers.

I then painted some pieces of Stampboard with Dylusions paints and added some key charms and Idea-ology Foliage pieces.

When all the Stampbord was dry, I inked the pieces with Versmark ink and then triple embossed them with Ranger UTEE, making sure to not burn my fingers!

Once the Stampbord pieces were cooled, I attached them to my mirror using Cosmic Shimmer Glue (this stuff is really good).

Finally, I added some harlequin decoration by inking Versamark though a stencil and then I sprinkled on some JudiKins Sticky Stuff, heated it so it became sticky and then I added some gilding flakes. Once dry, I sanded the gilding flakes back with a fine sand paper, so they weren't too shiny.

 

Materials used:

Ikea Mirror
Dylusions Paint
Ranger UTEE - Clear
 
 
Laura

6 comments:

  1. Ooh that took me by surprise, but a lovely surprise! Love the mirror Laura, the Lynne Perella images look fab on the stampboard. IKEA should commission you to do all their mirrors, fab!!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey, I was just as surprised as Amanda!! This is absolutely wonderful Laura, it looks like something you'd pay a fortune for in one of those trendy homeware shops! More of the same please ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely to see you making art, Laura. I know that facilitating the rest of us to do so through your wonderful shop takes up a lot of your time. I love the look - sort of modern gothic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fabulous Laura! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really beautiful Laura and such a lovely way to upcycle a framed mirror too.
    Thanks for covering my Friday slot and I'm so sorry to have let you and the team down this week too.
    Normal service will be resumed next week :D
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Laura, how fabulous Laura, excellent make over, love it hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...