Thursday, 23 July 2015

It's a Kinda Magic by Debs Wainwright


Hello everyone, I cannot believe how fast this week has gone, can you believe its Thursday already. 

Time to show you what I have made for this week.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


It started with layers of stencils and permanent ink. I then added some stamps with the same inks.  
 
 
 
 


The next layer of stamping was in black which I then heat set.

I stamped the feature onto smooth card and stuck it on to the background. I used a black water soluble pencil around the image and in other areas to add some shadows.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
To bring back some life, I used water soluble crayons in subtle colours wanting them to blend into the dark, whereas the heart and lips I wanted to leap off the page.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

What I used

 

That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils - Large Round, Small Round, Off Set Squares, Wave Ovals, Chequerboard
Archival Ink - Watering Can, Hydrangea, Cornflower Black
 
 
 
Take care and I'll see you next week. 
 
 
Hugs
 
 
Debs X

9 comments:

  1. This is so interesting Debs... makes me want to just get out a bunches of stamps and stencils and play freely!!! I rather like the "density" of the background - it's unique. Inspiring piece!! j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous canvas Debs! Love the subtle shading of the grungy colours with the small pop of red.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great background Debs, this looks scummy
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic layers and depth Debs, this is amazing!
    Alison xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful depth of layers Debs, very striking arty piece ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layers and depth love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous picture, the background is fantastic!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely stunning Debs. Amazing depth and detail and such a striking contrast from the bold red heart.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...