Friday, 24 July 2015

Illusions Art Panel by Fliss Goodwin



Hi there, I’m still playing with my treasured collection of Dinky Stencils and this week I have a nature themed art panel to share which uses on of the fab new A4 size grey/white board panels new to the shop. Great for all kinds of media although mine is mainly paint this time.







Ingredients:


Carabelle Studio A6 Stamp Sets – Bloom By Birgit Koopsen, Every Bird
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils – Abstract Bird, Teardrop Ovals
Distress Inks – Fossilized Amber, Dried Marigold
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Acrylic Paints – Haystack, Pumpkin Soup, Tango, Sage, Smurf
Martha Stewart Satin Acrylic Paints – Green Olive, Scottish Highland
White Copy Paper



Recipe:



First paint the board panel – I used the yellow and lighter orange on the top half and the sage green at the bottom. As you’ll see below, some of the colours blended a little, but this adds to the effect.







Next I used the abstract bird stencil to apply a pattern on the lower half of the panel and I have a trick for you’re here as I noticed that the centre of the stencil has a rather leafy like appearance when turned upside down so I masked off the outer areas. I then added a leafy pattern with the green and blue PaperArtsy paints.







I next used the teardrop oval stencil applying the pattern sideways with the pumpkin paint, covering most of the upper area.






I then made some papers to stamp the flowers on using the Gelli plate and copy paper. For this one I used the shades of orange. When it was dry, I stamped on some large and small flowers with the black ink. I then cut these out.

I made the grass by applying paints in shades of green to the Gelli plate and picking up the colour on copy paper. When it was dry, I cut pointed strips in different lengths for the grass and straight strips for the stems.







I stamped the larger bird and the illusions text on white stamping card with the black ink, colouring just the branch and beak of the bird image and then cutting it out. I trimmed the text to a panel and inked it with the Dried Marigold Distress ink to add colour.

I added some more stamping to the panel with the small flower stamp and the Fossilized Amber ink to add interest and then assembled the panel by gluing all the elements in place.








Have a great weekend and see you next week.



Fliss x

8 comments:

  1. Flies this really is stunning. I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a happy and peaceful creation Fliss. Love the sentiment. Great tutorial. Thanks bunches! j.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the abstract bird stencil Fliss! This is gorgeous & so summery!
    Alison xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you've used the bird stencil, beautiful make
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous picture, I love anything with birds on.
    The little stencil works really well as ears of corn, love it!
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful scene from nature with a fabulous background. Fliss, I also noticed how the abstract bird stencil could be used in that way but hadn't actually got around to playing with it. It is perfection for your theme and showcases the versatility of this Dinky Stencil so wonderfully.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very, very clever Fliss, brilliant idea re the bird stencil! Gorgeous creation too, superb colours and details
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...