Wednesday, 15 July 2015

Dream On by Alison Hall



 

 

Hello everyone! I've used the fab new That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils to first make a master board, then I cut it into four to make cards. Here's one I made using a gorgeous new Finnabair stamp set called Dream On.

 

Ingredients 


DecoArt Media Acrylic Paints - Yellow Green Light, Phthalo Blue, Cobalt Teal Hue
White Stamping Card
Stencil Brush
Palette Knife
Prima Metal Junkyard Findings
White Card Blank - A6
Gilding Wax - Silver

 

Here's what I did...

 

1. First I made a master board, brayering a background on the white stamping card with the paints, and then using stencilling paint through the Dinky Stencils.




 

2. I cut my master board into four equal pieces, then on one, I used a palette knife to apply the crackle paste through one of the Dinky Stencils.
 

3. I stamped and clear embossed the Finnabair image onto tissue, tore around the edges, then used matte medium to glue it on.
 

4. I stamped the phrase 3 times, then used matte medium to glue on the Prima embellishments.
 

5. I applied some gilding wax onto the crackle and edges, inked the edges with the archival ink, then attached my artwork to an A6 white card to finish.

 

Until next time,

 

Alison x

13 comments:

  1. You were brave to cut into that amazing master board you created Alison.
    It was so worth it with the wonderful results you got. The metal bits really add great interest too.
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Alison soooo love this piece. The colours are amazing and the embellishments
    Look fantasticxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm - love those gorgeous blues and greens. Great texture and I love the use of the hardware too. Can't wait to see the rest of that lovely masterboard deployed. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work with the masterboard, Alison! Oh, and I love that Finnabair stamp! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this, the colours are just scrumptious Alison ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful colours and design Alison.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alison, this is a gorgeous creation. You and I have both been playing with the same stamp :)
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. these layers are fab x love the look of these new stencils x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome!! Love your masterboard and this art piece, Alison, you are always an inspiration!! I need to try this now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just gorgeous Alison! Amazing texture and fabulous colours. Beautiful masterboard too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, Alison! Love the masterboard and the pretty metallic embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just gorgeous, Alison - the masterboard is fab, and the card you've created is a real showstopper - fantastic!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...