Tuesday, 7 July 2015

Carmen’s Veranda Stamps Arrive at That’s Crafty by Amanda Southern


Hi Everyone

Today I have a card for you made with some of the new arrivals to the shop last week of Carmen’s Veranda stamps.
 
 
 




Here’s how I made it:-

 

I first stamped the large background stamp onto white card with black Archival ink. I repeated the stamp to fill the height of my card. I then took one of my many Gelli Plate pages and stamped my main image onto it. I didn’t want to use the whole image (this is a large stamp) so tore out just the face part of the image, I just coloured the eyes and the lips for contrast using Spectrum Noir pencils.
 

I then tore another piece and stamped my sentiment on it this time using Ranger black dye ink pad for a bolder black.
 

A smaller torn piece was added to the top for balance.
 

Mat and layered onto black card and then mounted onto an 8 x 8 card blank.

 

What I used:-


Carmen’s Veranda Stamps – Grunge Black Swirl (Background) and Bullseye Face (Main Image)
Brayer

 

Hope you like it


Love


Amanda X

7 comments:

  1. Wow I love this Amanda the design is fantastic xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing Amanda! Really quirky images and love the way you stamped the face on the Gelli print. Such a fab contrast to the black and white.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't it be fun to receive this card? Just sooooo "out there" that it's alluring and intriguing. Really really a wonderful creation Amanda. Great use of the new items. j.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this is another grand make from the Queen of card making. As soon as I saw those stamps I knew you'd just have to have them lol
    Biggest hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a dynamic card - love the composition and the overall use of the stamps ... brilliant.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic card - inspired stamping and use of the ripped paper to create dynamic movement. Just brilliant...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...