Wednesday, 22 July 2015

Butterfly Heart by Alison Hall







Hello everyone! I've been trying out the new Dinky Stencils on a papier mache heart this week, to see how they work on a 3D item. It was much easier to use the ATC size compared to using a larger stencil! I've used a beautiful new PaperArtsy Hot Pick butterfly stamp set.


Ingredients...


Papier Mache Heart
DecoArt Media Acrylic Paint - Primary Magenta, Primary Yellow, Cobalt Teal Hue
Stencil Brush



Here's what I did...



1. I began by giving the heart a base coat of white gesso.


2. I then stencilled the paint through 3 different That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils.


3. To finish, I stamped parts of the long butterfly collage onto the heart using the Archival black ink, adding a little extra colour to the butterfly with the blue paint.



I hope you like my simple little project,



Alison x

6 comments:

  1. Alison, I love your vibrant heart.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great. The dinky stencils must be a lot easier to handle on something like that.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! A gorgeously colourful and grungy style heart Alison. Beautiful!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your heart is so colorful Alison.
    Hearts always speak to me ♥
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful heart Alison and such a great use of those lovely stencils of course ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful heart Alison, stencils look good
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...