Monday, 27 July 2015

Bloom by Moira Sutton







DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics – Carbon Black, Quinacrisone Magenta, Napthol Red Light, Titanium White, Cobalt Turquoise, Green Gold and Hansa Yellow Light
Palette Knife
Text Letters




I already had several hand carved stamps. I brayered some Carbon Black paint on my craft sheet and dipped the stamps in the paint before randomly stamping over my That's Crafty! Alterables Whiteboard 10.5ins x 8.25ins board. This is my preferred way of getting the paint onto stamps, as I’m less likely to gunk the stamp up with paint this way.

I then applied a coat of paint using dabs of DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics Quinacridone Mageneta and Napthol Red Light brayed together so there were patches of the different colours.

Next came the DecoArt Modeling Paste applied with a palette knife over the Peony blooms only of the Donna Downey Signature Stencil Bloom Group.

When dry I gave the petals and the gaps between a coat of white paint then mixed the Napthol Red with the white to create different shades of pink and applied them to the petals to give a sense of light and shade. 

To make the blooms pop more from the background I went into the space around the Blooms with Cobalt Turquoise, Green Gold and Hansa Yellow Light.


Finally I added my text Bloom. 



Moira 

7 comments:

  1. Wow, your stamp is amazing Moira! I love to carve my own stamps too but have never tried a flower. I love what you've made with it too.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Moira. The blooms really stand out against the lovely background and have such depth.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bold design, fab make
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your carved stamp Moira, stunning make with it too ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blooms Moira! xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...