Sunday, 26 July 2015

Birds of a Feather by Lynne Moncrieff




This was the first time I had inked up a Carabelle stamp. I can see why they are so popular. Fabulous detailing on this particular stamp and I enjoyed incorporating some Dinky Stencils. As with my project last week, the Brick Repeat makes another appearance. Have I mentioned that already I have my absolute favourites!






Supplies


That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils:- Harlequin. Distressed Harlequin and Brick Repeat
Prima Finnabair Don’t Forget To Fly and Rust and Dust
Distress Inks:- Weathered Wood, Walnut Stain and Vintage Photo
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish:- Lake Wanaka, Space Cadet, Chalk and Stone
Idea-ology Tiny Attacher
Tim Holtz Tissue Tape
Extras:- Cork, Raffia, Jute Ribbon and Feather



Directions


After applying the Frescos to white cardstock, working with a baby wipe to blend the colours. I tore a panel to adhere to cardbase. The base I worked on was slightly larger than the overall stamped image.


Stamping, with Potting Soil, the Carabelle stamp I followed by stamping again, this time onto a piece of cream Tissue stock. Tearing around the image and distressing and rolling the edges. I then attached it to the main cardbase.







Now the fun with the Dinky Stencils. Randomly, with a cosmetic sponge, I stencilled the designs with Distress Inks, selecting any blank areas where I could include some stencilling. The size of the Dinky Stencils allows you to work on the smallest of areas. They are such clever designed stencils.


Continuing with stamping, this time moving onto the Finnabair stamp set. One of the sentiments stamped onto a scrap piece of the painted cardstock and for the other I stamped onto cork. I also had a tiny piece of stamped cork leftover from a previous project so I utilised that also (stamp from Rust and Dust)


To assemble, for the top of the cardbase I adhered a torn piece of painted cardstock (this was a piece leftover when I adhered the prepared panel to the cardbase). Cutting the sentiment into word tiles, edging with Distress Ink, they were adhered to this panel. 






At the bottom edge, the stamped cork elements were layered with a feather to jute ribbon along with a torn piece of crackle glazed tag from some previous project. Other embellishment touches are a raffia bow and torn pieces of Tissue Tape.


Until next time

Lynne

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous work Lynne, with all of the products you used. Those Carabelle stamps have become some of my favourites too, they are wonderful to work with. What you did with the bird collage here looks super!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Lynne, lovely colouring and fabulous use of the Dinky's. Carabelle is one of my many addictions!!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been hearing about Carabelle recently, but I haven't actually seen any of their stamps until here, where you showcase them brilliantly! I must check them out soon. This is such a beautiful project and how effectively you've used the Dinky Stencils. They sound like a great idea, actually for small projects. I love the detail on those birds and - as usual - you've composed something so delightful with gorgeous elements. Lovely work, Lynne. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautifully put together piece Lynne, that's a lovely Carabelle image, one I hadn't spotted so far! ;-) xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great tutorial Lynn and extremely lovey creation. The birds are lovely but your background is wonderful. Love the way you put the card together - so many elements to catch the eye - and the colors are perfect too. Happy Sunday! j.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, absolutely GORGEOUS!!!
    I am very pleased and happy to have enabled you to ink for the first time a stamp by Carabelle Studio Lynne, this one I chose for you is so perfect in your hands (now I regret it!! ^^), you showcase it beautifully as well as these news stencils, they are great too! Hugs, Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful stamp! Your card is wonderful.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful stamp Lynne - your piece is gorgeous - love it to bits! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just gorgeous Lynne. So beautifully vintage in style and colour. Wonderful stencilling on the background too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous creation Lynne, welcome to the wonderful world of Carabelle....you'll be hooked now!
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this Lynne. You have such a unique style that I love, great colours and design hugs debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very beautiful- such lovely combination with the soil colours paired with the blue tones, and I love the stamp you recieved from Corrine , and how you used it, dear Lynne. Also all the word tiles,-- and the Dinky stencils is wonderful in all the corners !! So delightful, !! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...