Sunday, 12 July 2015

Believe In Yourself by Lynne Moncrieff


 
This is a card I made for a friend’s birthday. 
 
 
 
 

 

 

Supplies 


Crafty Individuals Stamp CI-430 (I used this to create pattern and texture on the background but you could use any stamp)
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish:- Chalk, London Bus, Guacamole, Smurf, Blue Oyster, Beach Hut, Prawn (Limited Edition JOFY Set 3), Yellow Submarine, Banana, Caribbean Sea (Limited Edition Lin Brown Set 3)
Old Credit Card or Splodger
Gel Medium
Extra:- Lace Rose Trim



 

Instructions

 

Onto watercolour paper apply Grunge Paste in a random fashion before applying all of the Frescos. Work quickly, applying with an old credit card and heat set as you work. To complete the background, partially ink up CI-430, stamp onto the prepared background. I repeated this a few times. The end result is a sense of pattern and texture without a distinct stamped image. Adhere panel to cardbase.
 

 
 
 

 

Ink up one of the Lily Elsie stamps with Archival ink, using the Speedball brayer to apply the ink. Stamp onto glossy cardstock. 
 
 
 

 
 

Apply Fresco Banana to white cardstock. Stamp sentiment from Art Sayings. Cut into word tiles, inking edges with Black Soot. Adhere the sentiment and Lily Elsie image onto cardbase. 


 
 
 

 

Final touch, adhere a length of lace rose trim to left side of cardbase.

 

Until next time
 

Lynne

17 comments:

  1. The black and white image looks amazing against that multi coloured background. The floral trim is a lovely finishing touch too.
    Beautiful card Lynne! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you've created the background it looks fantastic, a beautiful backdrop for your photo stamped image. I bet you friend loved it!
    Love
    Amanda c

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely wonderful Lynne - gorgeous picture and amazing colours - just beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing background and a really beautiful card! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Amazingly beautiful creation Lynne and your painty background is just stunning!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynne, this is so beautiful! I really love the background you have created and the way the roses at the side complement it so perfectly. Once again your stamping is superb. I really love what you do with these photo stamps and the addition of the pearl detail makes this just perfect! What a lucky friend to receive such a gorgeous card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really beautiful Lynne. I love the way you created the background and the feature looks amazing against it. Love it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your color combo against the black and white photo. The tiny pearl sets it off perfectly. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, lovely and colourful !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is beautiful! Love every little detail, the texture, the stamp, the everything! A really stunning creation thank you for sharing Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you really do have such a beautiful,elegant style Lynne and it's show cased here perfectly....lucky friend receiving this ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful card, I LOVE the colours and the exquisite background, Lily Etsie stamp, and the great Art Sayings sentiment chosen specially for me... I adore my card (I'm the lucky friend receiving this for my birthday!), it is a pure DELIGHT. Big hugs, Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful card, I LOVE the colours and the exquisite background, Lily Etsie stamp, and the great Art Sayings sentiment chosen specially for me... I adore my card (I'm the lucky friend receiving this for my birthday!), it is a pure DELIGHT. Big hugs, Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have given the lovely Lily Elsie a fresh and colorful background.
    It strikes me also how good you are at adding special touches like the pearl to her necklace...seeming simple but so impactful to your overall design.
    Really beautiful card for your special friend.
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. The beautiful Lily Elsie, dansing on top of your cheerful card for your friend,- I love how you coloured the string of roses, to compare to the great background, dear Lynne.Hug to you !!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The beautiful Lily Elsie, dansing on top of your cheerful card for your friend,- I love how you coloured the string of roses, to compare to the great background, dear Lynne.Hug to you !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...