Friday, 19 June 2015

Wishes by Fliss Goodwin




 

Hi there, I have a rather graphic style card to share this week which came about because I was talking about print designs with my younger daughter who works as the print designer for a small and upcoming fashion company and she’s been working with checks and florals.

 

Ingredients: 


Carabelle Studio Stencil – Composition avec des Carres or similar squares stencil
Distress Inks – Crushed Olive, Worn Lipstick, Fossilized Amber
Mixed Media Paper
Tall White Card Blank
Large Post It Note

 

Recipe:

 

A slightly different shape card for me this week as the flower was a bit too large for my usual square card. I cut a piece of mixed media paper approximately 10x20cm and stamped the poppy image on the smooth side with the black ink.
 

I coloured the flower with the watercolour pencils and stamped the flower head again on a post it note to make a mask. I cut this out and stuck it over the coloured flower. I then used the squares stencil with the Distress inks on the upper half of the paper.
 

I then applied the inks again with the stripes stencil, just vertically for the moment. I used a sponge applicator to apply the olive ink to the paper, leaving a little space round the flower head. I then used the stripe stencil again, both vertically and horizontally to produce a plaid design.
 

I inked around the edges with the bright pink ink then attached the paper to my card blank and finished off with a small talk sticker.
 
 

We have a new challenge today over at the That’s Crafty Challenge Blog (where does the time go!) so don’t forget to check it out at 8am as there’s a fab prize for the randomly drawn winner.

 

See you next week.
 

Fliss x

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the design Fliss. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've obviously passed your create gene on, Fliss. Love how your daughter's prints have inspired you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab Fliss, I really love the warm colours you've used too,wonderful :)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this and your choice of colours.
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous design from you Fliss and lovely colours. A very pretty creation. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely make, Fliss, beautiful background and layers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the patterned backgrounds, top and bottom, and the poppy is fab!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...