Tuesday, 9 June 2015

What’s in The Box? by Amanda Southern

 
 
 
 
 
I have recently started making a lot more ATC’s, little 3.5” x2.5” pieces of work,
and enjoy making little collections of them and storing them in their own little
storage boxes and that is what’s in the box.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
In an attempt to use stamps I haven’t used for a while a dived into my box of Tim Holtz stamps, mostly ones that I haven’t used for ages.


The background was made using Dylusions black and lime sprays and mixed by spraying water on to dilute. I used for the first time the new spray bottle by Tim Holtz and if you thought that spray bottles were all the same think again, this is fabulous and has 2 spray settings depending on how hard you depress the trigger, I love it. I then dried it all off with a heat gun. Once completely dry I then overstamped with the cracked paint stamp by Andy Skinner using a stamp alignment block to give a continuous effect as lining up rubber stamps can be tricky without one, to me anyway. I then cut the card up into, 4 slightly smaller than an ATC size. Pieces as I have mounted them onto black to the correct size.
 

Once dry I then stamped my chosen images with Versamark and heat embossed with black fine embossing powder. Then white fine embossing powder for the text to offer a bold contrast. I removed some of the colour from the faces using a water brush to make them stand out a little more.


The box, that has been cut using Sizzix box and card die and was given the same treatment and holds this little collection.

 

Items used:-


Dylusions Sprays - Black Marble & Fresh Lime
Sizzix Die – Box and Card

 

And the following stamps:-


Tim Holtz - Mini Muse, Mini Ornates, the birds on a wire are from a clear set I have

 

Hope you like it


Love
 

Amanda X

11 comments:

  1. So cool, Amanda - what an amazing set of ATCs - love the images, and the white words and fab crackle look backgrounds - and so great that they have their own little storage box too. Completely agree about the spray bottle by the way!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous Amanda! I looove the colours. The pop of white is a brilliant contrast too.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really dramatic and impactful, Amanda - all the more so because you are using old and familiar stamps. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! Love the backgrounds already and the over stamping looks fantastic, the white lettering etc, really lifts it all and makes it pop!! Love the little box you made too! I couldn't agree more about that spray bottle, I love mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Amanda....I LOVE this! I have all those stamps and ashamed to say I've neglected them for ages! The black and lime is a superb combination, you really do have some wonderful imagination ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great set of ATC's and what a fab idea to store them in their own little box !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colours and composition Amanda! Love these!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. SERIOUSLY? HOW CUTE IS THIS???!!!! Dear me AMANDA - these ATC are FABULOUS and the box to put them in???? Whew - sooooo PERFECT. And the color - who would have ever thought that color would work... it's AMAZING. I really appreciate your TALENT AND CREATIVITY. j.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SERIOUSLY? HOW CUTE IS THIS???!!!! Dear me AMANDA - these ATC are FABULOUS and the box to put them in???? Whew - sooooo PERFECT. And the color - who would have ever thought that color would work... it's AMAZING. I really appreciate your TALENT AND CREATIVITY. j.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colours you have used with those stamps are amazing - like a crazy take on sepia!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are really stunning Amanda. Such fabulous colours and amazing attention to detail!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...