Monday, 1 June 2015

Take Risks by Deborah





 

Yellow Sharpie Marker (from pack of 24)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Small Talk Sticker Book (alternatively, print your own sentiments or phrases on your computer)

 
 

When PaperArtsy first released Lynne Perrella stamps I pretty much bought all the first few collections but I haven't used them in a while. So when looking for a large focal image I chose the woman with the crown of stars from plate 005. And it struck me that it would go really well with one of Birgit Koopsen's Washi tape stamps for Carabelle Studio.
 

Rather than use inks I wanted to stamp with paint and decided the give of the Gelli Plate would be ideal to use as a 'stamp pad' especially as I could brayer and blend several colours. So I brayered red, pink, dark blue and tangerine paints onto my 8" x 10" Gelli Plate and pressed the Lynne Perrella stamp (on an acrylic block) face down onto it then stamped with the paint onto the smoothy card.
 

Once I had masked off the image I then repeat stamped one of the Washi tape stamps in the same manner. I don't mind that the paint is a bit patchy - perfection is overrated LOL. Leaving the stamping to dry, I added more paint to the Gelli Plate to cover over the mprint of the stamps then pulled a print to provide an all-over background.
 

I cut out around the now dry stamped image, then used the Portfolio pastels, watercolour pencils and yellow Sharpie to colour it in before gluing it onto the painted background, adding the stickers and mounting onto a white card blank.
 
 
 
Deborah

7 comments:

  1. They definitely go together, absolutely love this combo and just love this card!! Fabulous
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an unusual choice of colours but they really make this card, love it!
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this is a bit special Deborah, love the image but the colours really make it pop,fab!!
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lvely bright and zingy card Debs and love the washi tape with the image. It really does suit the style and those bold colours.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stamped washi tape effect is so striking and what a stunning colour combination on display. Bold and certainly beautiful.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so wild but sooo INCREDIBLE... wow - I just keep looking at it over and over. What a great example of creativity. j.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant techniques Deborah, I love it! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...