Tuesday, 2 June 2015

La Femme aux Oiseaux by Amanda Southern


 
 
 
 
 

Hi Everyone and I am back with you today using another of the recently released Carabelle Stamps to make this 8”x8” card.

I started with my background which I have created using the smallest Gelli Plate and Ranger dye ink pads.

First mount your Gelli Plate onto an acrylic stamping block, then brayer your chosen colour on and stamp onto your card, change your colour and repeat. Keep repeating in a variety of colours overlapping to make it look more random. Keep doing this until you are happy with the result.

I then partially stamped the text by only inking part of the stamp and applying it by rolling onto the background this way you don’t get a perfect image which is what I wanted I used a selection of the colours I had used for the background. I then added further stamping in black Archival ink using the same method to ensure that I got a random look. I stamped around the edge with the fine dot stamp.

The main image was stamped onto Strathmore Mixed Media Card, again with Archival black ink, and then cut into separate piece, and glued to my background, as you can see I decided to offset some of the pieces.

I chose to only colour the 2 birds and her lips with Spectrum Noir pencils as I thought the image looked stronger left in black and white.

I finally added a die cut sentiment and then mat and layered onto black card.
 
 
 
 
Here is a better look at how I cut the image up
 
 
 

What I used:-

Ranger Dye Inks – variety of colours for both background and stamping
Acrylic Block

 

Stamps used:-

 
Die Cut Sentiment
 
 
 
Have a great week and see you next week
 
 
Love
 
 
Amanda X

8 comments:

  1. Great idea to cut and tile the stamp to echo the gelli rectangle background, Amanda. Looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card....just what I'd expect from the worlds no.1 cardmaker :)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The background compliments the image so perfectly. A gorgeous card.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only I had a tenth of your creativity Amanda... this is GREAT. Love the offset pieces and that you didn't paint all of her.... Wow. j.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Amanda ! Great idea to cut up the image !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous Amanda and really love the patchwork style background which goes so well with the lovely pieced lady.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful & clever card Amanda! I love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...