Thursday, 11 June 2015

Journal Page by Debs Wainwright



Hello everyone Debs here with my project for this week, which is a journal page.


 



I took a page that was a bit of a mop up page. You can see where I turned a word stencil over as the words are in reverse.





 
I then I built up the background using Media Mists and Media Fluids through stencils as well as a background stamp. I did think of leaving it as it was but I got a nagging thought that it needed a girl to complete the page.

 




So I started to add my girl building her in layers using Media fluids.






For the skin colour I mixed Burnt Umber, Titanium White and Cadium Red this was then blended with extender to help me blend the colours. Once these layers were dry, using a sanding block I smoothed the face and removed part of the colour around the neck and shoulders. I really loved how this looked.
 
I then built up the face and hair. You can see where I have a smudged the pen I used for detail.  




Next I finished her hair and added my journaling.


 







What I used 

 

DecoArt Products
Andy Skinner Stencils: Baroque, Vogue,

Fude Ball Pen 
Sanding Block from personal stash


Take care and I’ll see you next week

Hugs

Debs xx 

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous journal page, Debs, with some fab colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a wonderful page I really love it!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantasic page. I love her blue hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely brilliant Debs, love her face,really soulful eyes too and the hair is like a mini tornado ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page Debs she looks fab over that scrummy background.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the background and all the vivid colors as well as the face behind the girl - could be anyone - watching over her!!! And you did a lovely creation on your gal Debs... this is a WONDERFUL page. Thanks bunches for sharing. j.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful sense of energy especially in the way you created her amazing her. Love this.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's fantastic. I love your girl and it just shows why you shouldn't throw paper you've used away.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Debs! Totally amazing pages! Such a gorgeous background and your painted girl is just stunning. Love it!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic pages Debs! Really love that background! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...