Thursday, 4 June 2015

It's A Love Thing by Debs Wainwright



We are delighted to announce that Debs Wainwright is joining our Design Team.
Welcome aboard Debs! :-)




Hi everyone Debs here, I'm so excited and very honoured to be sharing my very first post as part of the That’s Crafty Design Team.






This is what I did. 






I tore up some background papers and laid them out on the canvas. 

When I was happy I stuck them down overlapping.







Once the canvas was dry I applied Crackle Paste through a heart stencil randomly over the surface and then left it to dry.  


I stuck on some lace and pearls and while they were drying, moved onto the MDF heart and sentiment. 


I painted both with Crackle Paint and left it all to dry overnight. 


I applied spray paint in several colours randomly over the canvas, making sure to darken the lace.






Below you can see how the colour has seeped into the cracks.








I took two small wooden frames and painted both with Crackle Paint and once dry rubbed Burnt Umber Antiquing Cream into the cracks. This was then wiped back off.












I added some flowers leaves and twigs from my stash. First though, I painted the centres of the flowers with silver as well as touching the tips of the flowers with my brush. I edged the leaves in silver too so they looked like they belonged on the canvas. 













What I used


DecoArt Products:

Crackle Paste  

Crackle Paint  

Media Fluid in Translucent White 

Antiquing Cream in Raw Umber 

Metallic Lustre in Silver Spark


Prima Products:
Color Bloom Spray Mists - Cotton Candy 
                             Pressed Petal 
                             Berry Wine 
                             Worn Leather 

My stash - MDF pieces ribbons and lace



I hope you like the canvas. See you all soon.


Debs xxx

12 comments:

  1. Welcome to the team and such a scrummy debut piece, love it!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous project Debs, and congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! This is gorgeous debs!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the TC!DT, Debs :-) Love your wonderfully textured romantic canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh this is wonderful Debs, stunning debut! Lovely to have you here sharing your beautiful works of art :)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Great to have you on the team Debs! A fantastic debut piece, great crackle!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Debs!! And this canvas is sooooooooooooooo pretty - love the background and colors - what a great example of your wonderful creative spirit. Looking forward to enjoying so much more inspiration from you! j.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debs, wonderful to read that you are on the team!
    A fabulous project, really like the use of the torn papers and the lovely crackle.
    So looking forward to your future projects.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many Congratulations, Debs, This is a really beautiful first project. I love those crackle hearts. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A huge welcome to the team Debs and a really stunning first creation so choc full of detail and love the shabby chic look. Fabulous!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, Deborah, this is great project and gorgeous. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...