Wednesday, 24 June 2015

Gelli Plate Masterboard by Alison Hall


 
 
 

This week I have used the round 4" Gelli Plate and DecoArt Media acrylic paint to create a colourful masterboard.

 

 

Here's what I used... 


DecoArt Media Acrylic Paint - Primary Yellow, Cadmium Orange Hue, Primary Magenta, Cobalt Teal Hue, Green Gold
Ranger Archival Ink Pads - Aquamarine, Venetian Orange, Crimson
Stampendous Cling Rubber Stamp Sets - Marks, Wired
Acrylic Stamp Block - 6x6"
Bubble Wrap, Cotton Buds

 

Here's what I did... 


1. I was going to stamp with the Gelli Plate, so I removed all of the packaging, then placed the Gelli Plate onto the 6x6" stamp block. I started with the Primary Yellow paint, applied a small blob to the Gelli Plate, brayered it out, then used one of the Martha Stewart Combs to make a pattern in the paint. I then stamped the design onto the A4 white card.
 

2. I continued to stamp different colours of paint, having used various tools to make patterns in the paint (the circles & criss-crosses were made with a cotton bud), until my sheet of card looked like this...




 
 
 

3. Next, I used the orange, blue and green stamp pads to stamp images from the Stampendous Wired & Marks sets, and finished off by stamping the Kaisercraft Graffiti image all over in Crimson Archival. This last step brought the whole page together. 

 

I was thrilled with how this turned out...all that gorgeous colour made me so happy! :-)

 

I hope you'll have a go at making your own masterboard. They are great for cutting up and using in different projects. Next week, I'll show you some cards that I made with mine.

 

Have a creative day,

 

Alison x

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic master board Alison, love all the yummy colours. A great idea too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, Alison, I love it! You are so clever!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb master board Alison, reminds me of a packet of fruit sweeties ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab colours and over stamping, can't wait to see how you use it
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful colours and beautiful abstraction! Love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Alison and such beautiful texture and colour. Makes me want a round Gelli plate too!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see a lot of fabulous projects are going to come from your marvellous masterboard, Alison. Can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! That round GP is a must have!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh lovely layers and gorgeous colors you made with your round gelli plate Alison!
    This is fab.
    oxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...