Monday, 29 June 2015

Funky Town by Deborah


 
 

 

White Card (folded to make card blank)
PaperArtsy Smoothy Stamping Card

 

I often make backgrounds and images/ elements in batches and later play around, putting them together in pleasing (pleasing to me, anyway) arrangements. That's how this graphic, somewhat quirky card came about.
 

When I first bought the City stencil  - which features 6 different cityscapes - I experimented with different media/colours on copy paper. In this case I 'stamped ' with the stencil to use up the excess spray ink - so the spaces and not the line art is randomly coloured blue and red. I glued it onto the square card blank, leaving a substantial white border.
 

In a separate session I had brayered Mustard Seed distress paint onto my 8" x 10" Gelli Plate, which still had paint residue from previous use, and pressed the stamping card on to it. The slightly patchy effect you get when the plate is 'dirty' is more interesting to me than flat colour. I also used the gelli plate to 'ink' my stamp, using Paper Artsy's Blood Orange. I filled the sheet up with different images - this man was just one of them - for future use. Once I'd cut him out I placed him breaking out of the city into the white frame.
 

Then I searched through my Tim Holtz sticker book (That's Crafty! stock several) for a suitable  phrase and cut it into pieces before sticking each piece down. I've found that if you stick them on top of paint you can peel them off and move them around, which I find quite useful as I often change my mind.

 

This is my last Monday with the That's Crafty! design team. After three brilliant years I've decided it's time to let someone else in on the fun. I'd like to thank Laura for giving me an amazing opportunity back in February 2012 and for being a fantastic 'boss'. I shall continue to follow the blog - there' s so much talent here - and the shop (there are exciting things ahead!)
 
 
Deb x
 

 

We'd like to take this opportunity to thank you Deb for all your hard work and fantastic creations over the years. We are very sorry to see you go and wish you all the very best for the future. :-)

 

6 comments:

  1. So sorry you are leaving the team, I shall miss you on a Monday, great arty piece to go out on.
    Big hugs Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous finale! We'll miss your wonderful art Deb!
    Very best wishes for the future!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad to see you go Deborah,best wishes for your crafty future ;)
    Oh and of course I just love your quirky make too!
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure if my comment came through.
    Deb, you will be sadly missed.
    You certainly are going out with a BANG with this amazingly whimsical creation. I love how the gent looks right at home against that cool background.
    Wishing you all the very best,
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cool card - I love the deep blue background. You will definitely be missed here, but I'll be visiting you anyway!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely stunning Debs! Love the blue background for your quirky fella which really makes him pop.
    Sooo sorry to hear this is your last post here too and will miss you loads.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...