Monday, 8 June 2015

Fearless by Deborah



 

 

Distress Inks: Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed, Tea Dye, Pumice Stone, Forest Moss
Tim Holtz Mini Blending Tool
ProMarkers: Poppy, Blush, Indigo Blue
PaperArtsy Smoothy White Stamping Card
Blue card from my stash

 

Just because a stamp set - in this case, Artistic Outpost: Boardwalk - has a vintage vibe, you don't have to stay with that. I paired the bathing beauties with quite a graphic background. It's a gelli print using one of Artist Cellar's Coral Series stencils and invokes the feeling of sand, pebbles and rock pools - at least that's what I was aiming for. I cut it to size and  added extra colour, filling in white gaps with some sandy shades of Distress ink and a blending tool.
 

To add to the more windswept seaside style, I added some greenery from IndigoBlu.  It's supposed to be seaweed, I think, but here it's dune grass. I'm sure I must be mixing up my beach habitats - sand, pebbles, dunes, rock pools...all  on one beach :-) I stamped it several times in Forest Moss on a scrap of green painted gelli print, cutting them up randomly.
 

The women are stamped onto white stamping card in Dina Wakley's Night acrylic paint. I tried ink but it didn't produce a strong enough image against the gelli background. They are coloured with ProMarkers and they are standing on scraps of paper - one stamped with Wood Grain, the other embossed and inked.
 

To finish, I edged with dark blue ProMarker, added the word sticker (cut into three) and mounted onto a navy card blank.
 
 
 
Deborah

7 comments:

  1. Love it Debs they look cool on the gelli background
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant Deborah, love that background,really funky :)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, I love the stamps and the background.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. That background is so cool! Great card Deborah! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehe - isn't this FUN. You are just so creative Deborah! j.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really fab card Debs and just love the funky stencilling with those vintage ladies.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the words you've picked to go with the Bathing Belles - perfect! - what a fab card.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...