Monday, 22 June 2015

I Love Dina W by Deborah



 

 

Dina Wakley Media Stamps: From the Past; Primitive Icons; Woodcuts
A stencil with lots of different patterns  (eg The Crafter's Workshop Mini Pebble Art)
ArtistCellar Stencil: Picasso
8" x 10" Gelli Plate
Archival Inks : Jet Black, Watering Can
Glue Stick

 

You might have noticed I use Dina Wakley products, especially her stamps, quite a bit (make that a lot! LOL) and this tag is a homage to Ms Wakley, using three of her stamp sets.
 

I started by covering a #8 tag with part of a gelli print I'd made previously by layering stencils, printing with them, leaving the stencil on the gelli plate and brayering over - just play and experiment. I know I used Dina's Magenta paint but I'm not sure of the yellow (Fresco Finish probably) or the blue, but it doesn't really matter as That's Crafty! has a comprehensive range of acrylic paints to choose from.
 

I stamped the images onto scraps of gelli print using grey and black archival inks. For the flying bird and the plant I picked a print that had the same pink colour as my main background pink.
 

Once I had cut and glued my images in place I scribbled roughly round them with the Fude Ball and white pens, then added pink cheeks and some more yellow with a yellow Sharpie  and Magenta ProMarker. Then I added more black and white round the edge of the tag and also doodled spirals with them. Finally, I re-punched a hole (the original one was covered by the gelli print) and inserted an eyelet using my Crop-A-Dile.
 
 
 
Deborah

11 comments:

  1. Fab tag!! Dina Rocks!!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Dina tag!!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful use of colours Deborah,fab tag and yes Dina is the best!
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really fab tag Debs. Great stamping and texture and just love those colours together.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderfully bold and art and all the stamps brought together on this tag look so amazing with great composition.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a funky tag - there's a really bold swagger to the colours and added doodling.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...