Friday, 12 June 2015

Butterflies Galore by Fliss Goodwin



 

 


Hi there, I think you’ve probably guessed by now that I have rather an obsession with butterflies as they seem to feature on quite a lot of my creations. This week is no exception as I have a card to share with includes quite a few! 
 
 
 

Ingredients: 


Carabelle Studio A7 Stamps – Background Papillons, Collage
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Acrylic Paint – Beach Hut, Bora Bora
Smooth Paper
Card Blank

 

Recipe:

 

I actually used a Gelli print from my stash for this card but it was made using the aqua acrylic paints shown above. I normally take several prints from the one lot of paint, misting with water and picking up the leftover paint several times. I find it very useful as the paler prints can make a really fabulous background.
 

I trimmed a piece of the print to fit my chosen card blank and then stamped on the butterfly background twice in opposite corners with the grey ink. I then stamped on the cherub and butterfly collage twice with the same ink.
 

I stamped part of the butterfly edge stamp on a scrap of Gelli print with the grey ink and coloured them with pencils (I used Spectrum Noir) and cut them out.
 

To finish the panel I stamped part of the chevron image in the gaps round the edges. I then attached it to the card blank and added the butterflies as shown.

 

Have a great weekend and see you next week.

 

Fliss x

8 comments:

  1. Love your card Fliss, the background looks fabulous and the feature butterflies are gorgeous. Big hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! You can never have too many butterflies and yours look fab on that background.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Butterflies are so versatile though, Fliss, you can get totally different looks. I love the chevron background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, it's nice when you can use a bit of everything.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful movement and I like the use of the chevron, bringing an edge to the card.
    Gorgeous.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, you can never have too many butterflies....or flowers....or circles......or star stamps! This is truly lovely Fliss, fab background
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh - you are just sooo talented Fliss - this is sooo FUN and LOVELY. Wow. j.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stamping Fliss, and beautiful butterflies! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...