Tuesday, 23 June 2015

A Tag Card by Amanda Southern


Hi Everyone

I’m with you this Tuesday with a tag card that I have made.
 
 
 
 
 

And here’s how I did it:-

 


I started with a No.8 manila Tag, I love that you can throw virtually anything at these.
 

I started by sprinkling some grey Brusho Crystals on the tag and spraying lightly with water and dried with my heat gun. I then stamped some of the background stamps from the new Finnabair stamp sets in red Archival ink I then overstamped all this with one of the background stamps that looks like an old stone wall with black Archival ink. I then stencilled the numbers with gesso and a stiff brush some additional stamping finished it off.
 
 
 
 



I then stamped my figure, one of the silhouettes from Dina Wakley’s Silhouetted Women, with Versamark onto matt black card. I then heat embossed with white embossing powder and then cut it out. To make it less white I airbrushed Copic pens, any alcohol pens would do this, using a hand held spritzer. Before adding to my tag I added some machine stitching to my tag. My sentiment which works around the stamped word SEE is from Tim Holtz Small Talk.
 

I finally added some hand punched hearts stapled on using Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher. I then cut and scored myself a suitable card blank to mount my tag on.

 

Items Used:-


Archival Ink Pads - Black, Vermillion
Dina Wakley Stamps - Primitive Icons & Silhouetted Women
Finnabair background stamps from the following sets – Dirty Walls, Never Too Late & Dream On
VersaMark
Matt Black Card
Tim Holtz Distress Spray Bottle (I actually used a different one but this is the same)
Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher

 

Thanks, and I hope you like it.
 

See you next Tuesday
 

Love


Amanda X

9 comments:

  1. Your tag is wonderfull!! great colours and background!!! Great ART!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully grungy, Amanda - love the stitching and staples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant tag!! Background looks super and I love that Dina girl in white!! Makes for a stunning contrast to the background, but without being too stark because of the other work you did on her! Really LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - that is a completely stunning tag - amazing drama, and the delicate ombre on the figure is so perfect against the background.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning, love the grunginess of it, wonderful creation yet again from an extremely talented lady ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is beautiful, I love the little hearts!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. An absolutely fabulous tag card Amanda. Such a beautifully textured and grungy style.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow love this Amanda, fantastic xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...