Saturday, 6 June 2015

A Pretty Poppy by Donna Gray


Hello everyone, 

Donna here today with a card featuring my latest obsession….a poppy!
 
 
 
 
 
 

Here’s What I Did:

 

I now have a little pile of Gelli plate prints (which I suspect all Gelli plate users do) so I grabbed one of them for my background. It was done using DecoArt paints and a Tim Holtz stencil on my 6x6 Gelli Plate. Make sure you pick a fairly muted Gelli print as you don’t want it to over power your main image.
 

Next, using a sheet from the Strathmore Mixed Media pad, I stamped the poppy with black Archival ink. Then using a gorgeous red from the DecoArt Media Fluid range I painted it, this paint leaves such a wonderful satin sheen and has now become my favourite paint. Then I used a little of purple, green and yellow to add highlights to the poppy. Go over the stamped image with a micron pen and add highlights with a white Signo pen.
 

Before adding the poppy, I stamped on the background using a circular stamp that I rescued from the bargain basket at That’s Crafty!.....should have spent longer rummaging around as there were some real gems in there!
 

I added the poppy to the Gelli print using some foam pads and stamped a Tim Holtz sentiment using a Memento Ink pad on the Strathmore paper and then mounted that in front of the poppy, adhered it all on cardstock.
 

A simple card but a great way to use up that mountain of Gelli prints ;)

  

Supplies Used: 


Woodware Clear Magic Stamp - Poppy (back in stock on Monday)
Circle Stamp
Black 05 Micron Pen
 


Hope you like it
 

Donna x

15 comments:

  1. I really love your Poppy card, great flower on a beautiful background!!! I love the quote too!!

    Have a nice weekend
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is beauty in...your poppy card, Donna. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful image on your lovely gelli background x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! This is brilliant.... I loveeeee it!!
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna this is Stunning. I'm hoping you won't grow out of Poppy's as they are a lovely flower and you have done this one a great justice. Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing work with the Gelli plate Donna, that background is beautiful! Your poppy is just brilliant. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally amazing background that suits your poppy so beautifully. Gorgeous creativity.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous! A wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really beautiful background Donna and it makes your gorgeous poppy stand out perfectly.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really beautiful Donna, I'm still resisting the gelli plate though :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is gorgeous Donna, you picked just the right background for your poppy.
    Hugs, Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous poppy card! I do love poppies, and I love how you've captured the beautiful red with white highlights xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! The poppy is so vibrant against the fabulous background xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...