Tuesday, 30 June 2015

A One Layer Card by Amanda Southern


 
 
 

Hi Everyone
Thought I would share with you today a one layer card and practice my watercolour techniques. I wanted a simple monotone look for this one.

 
 
 
 
 
 

Here’s How I made it:-

 
 
Using Mixed Media Card to work on, I first stamped my image from Carabelle Studio Stamps in black Versafine ink. Once the ink was dry I masked off the whole image with masking gum. Once that was dry, I leave about 10 mins, which gives you ample time to make yourself a cup of tea, I lightly sprinkled grey Brusho Crystals on top of the masking gum. Using Tim’s Distress Sprayer I then sprayed water in outward directions from the centre of my masked image, I also moved the colour around with the Distress Spritzer as it blows the colour around. Once I was happy with the effect that the Brusho’s had made I took a paper towel and mopped up all the water that had pooled on top of the masking gum. You need to make sure that you have removed any trace of Brusho from the masking gum or else when you rub off the gum the colour can contaminate your stamped image. Do not attempt to remove the gum until the Brusho is entirely dried, another opportunity for a second cup of tea.

 
Once you are happy that the Brusho is dried, rub off all the masking gum revealing your protected image below.

 
I then coloured my image using a variety of grey/black Distress inks, I’m trying to improve my water colouring techniques. I always pat my Distress inks onto a white tile and apply using a water brush. I chose to add colour, again with Distress inks, to just the eyes and lips adding a little spot of white gel pen for highlights. Finally I stamped the text using Watering Can Archival ink.

 
It was then mounted onto a piece of grey cardstock.


 

Items used:-

 
Distress Inks – Hickory Smoke, Black Soot, Pumice Stone, Faded Jeans & Spiced Marmalade
 
 
Hope you like it and I’ll see you next Tuesday
 
 
Love
 
Amanda X

15 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning Amanda! Love the technique and love the words.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Amanda this is stunning. I love the simplicity which I know is very hard to achieve, you have nailed it to perfection xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's beautiful, and I love the effect of the grey Brushos Amanda!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Amanda, grungy yet elegant at the same time....and a perfect excuse to make lots of tea!
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! Thanks for telling me how you did this!!
    Sandyxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. INCREDIBLE. Your watercolor techniques look perfected to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! j.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glorious! Love the colours and the complete artful elegance of this card.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card Amanda! And I also love Carabelle stamps, what a lovely face! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card Amanda...great use of the Brusho!
    Greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow this looks fabulous!!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic - I really love your card!!!!!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - I can't decide which is more gorgeous - Helena or that fabulous background!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just gorgeous Amanda. Such beautiful Brusho work and love the cool greys with the bright pop of red. Amazing!
    Fliss xx
    PS: Playing catch up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...