Friday, 1 May 2015

The Bright Side of Life by Fliss Goodwin



 

 

Hi there, I have a card to share this week, which in common with my title is very bright. The weather has been rather cold and wet so I felt a bit of cheering up would be just the ticket. I’m also wondering if the text on the card has got anyone singing so do let me know below if it has!

 

Ingredients:


Brusho Crystals – Lemon, Gamboge, Leaf Green, Emerald Green
Tim Holtz Sticker Books – Chit Chat and Small Talk
Card Blank or make your own

 

Recipe

 

Make the background paper by cutting a panel of watercolour paper to fit your card blank then sprinkle on the lemon Brusho Crystals together with both the green shades. Mist with water to dissolve the crystals and spread the paint. Dry with a heat gun when you’re happy with the colour.
 

Use the leafy stencil to apply Mowed Lawn Distress ink on each side of the painted paper to make climbing vines. Stamp on part of the text from the journal stamp over the top for a grungy effect. Sponge the green ink round the edges to make them stand out more.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Next make the butterfly panel. Don’t be put off by the size of the Carabelle Studio edge stamps if you’ve seen them as they come attached to their own acrylic block and best of all, you can use just part of the stamp as I did or use the whole image on something 12 inches in length such as a scrapbook layout.

 
I cut a panel the same height as my background panel and just wide enough for the butterfly stamp. I sprinkled on the yellow shades of Brusho Crystals, misted them with water and dried the panel off. I then chose part of the image and inked up with black, stamping the design on the yellow painted paper.  

 
Paint the butterflies with watercolour pencils. A bit of artistic licence came in here as I went for contrast rather than authenticity. Smudge a little of the green ink round the edges and attach to the main panel. Glue the panel to the card blank and add word stickers to finish. I used a mix of the 2 sticker books because I knew what I wanted to say and happily found it by combining elements found in both.
 
Have a great Bank Holiday weekend and see you next week.
 
Fliss x

4 comments:

  1. Definitely the bright side of life! Love the colours of this, and yes I'm singing it!!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! I am singing the song too! This would made a wonderful canvas - to see it on the wall everyday would make anyone all kinds of happy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful in every way Fliss,I love the bright greens and those butterflies are just amazing.....as I said,this stamp is now on my wishlist ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful, bright card Fliss! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...