Thursday, 28 May 2015

Spread your Wings by Carol Fox


 
 

Hello, today I have used Brusho’s to make a tag to share with you.

I started by stamping my bird image using black Archival ink onto my tag. I then sprinkled some dry Brusho around the image and very lightly misted the tag with water, I dried this with my heat gun.

I then put a very small blob of clear gloss gel onto my craft mat and mixed a small amount of Crimson Brusho with this, I used a pallet knife to mix it. I applied this to the tag avoiding my image using the pallet knife. I really like the way this bleed slightly under the stencil but the centre of each dot stayed textured, it gave a slight crackle effect to the outside of each colour dot.
 

 
 


I stamped my quote onto the margin of a book page and added this to my tag, drawing black lines round its border. I stamped a few splotches and splatters using black Archival ink.

I added some stitching and a piece of ribbon to my tag, dragging black acrylic paint around its edges to finish it off.
 

I used

Feather Bird Stamp from Lost Coast (due back in stock soon)
Kaisercraft Clear Stamp – Stains (still one of my favourite filler stamps)

 

This is my last post for That’s Crafty as I am cutting back on my crafting commitments for a few months. I may come back later in the year if circumstances allow for it. I have enjoyed my time on the Design Team and I have been honoured to be among some very talented people on here, and I wish to thank Laura for all her support as it has been a lovely team to be part of.
 
Carol x
 
"We are very sorry to see Carol leave the DT and I'd like to thank Carol very much for all her hard work and fantastic projects that she has done for us over the years. Hopefully we will see Carol back again later in the year".

4 comments:

  1. Like how you've mixed the brusho with gloss gel for added texture, Carol. A fabulously funky tag! Hope to see you back soon x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tag, the stamp and background are brilliant!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely tag Carol and love the texture you've achieved with the Brusho crystals too.
    Wishing you all the best for the future and hope we see you again as we'll miss your creations.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulously funky tag - the Brushos mixed with gel is a brilliant idea.

    Sorry to see you go, Carol - your work is always fabulous.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...