Sunday, 3 May 2015

Something to Write About by Lynne Moncrieff





 
 
 

I absolutely love Oxford Impressions Lily Elsie stamp set and have used the stamps countless times for DT projects and beyond. On all those occasions I have used the stamps to achieve a shabby/vintage feel so this time I wanted to take a fresher approach, with still a hint of shabbiness with the torn lace and seam binding.

 

Supplies 


Oxford Impressions Stamp Sets:- Lily Elsie, Dressforms & Corsetry, My Story and Sewing Notions
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Paints:- Lake Wanaka, Smurf, Blue Oyster, China, Buff, Vanilla, Little Black Dress
Board (I used a vintage Bingo card, substitute with Mixed Media paper or PaperArtsy white/greyboard)
Glossy Cardstock (suitable to stamping photo real stamps)
Artist Palette Knife/Old Credit Card
Distressing Tool/Old Scissors
Extras:- Scraps of lace and seam binding

 

Instructions

 

Apply Grunge Paste followed with the various Fresco paints. I applied paint, heat set, added some stamping, heat setting before applying another layer of paint which would almost obliterate some of the stamping. I continued in this fashion until I had built up a background I was reasonably satisfied with. 

Onto tissue stock, stamp Dina Wakley sentiment. Cut into word tiles and adhere to panel. Roughly draw a box around each word with fineliner pen.
 
 


 

When working with photo real stamps I always us a brayer to apply the ink. Ink up brayer with Archival ink and stamp onto glossy cardstock. Distress edges and apply a light touch of Little Black Dress paint. Adorn the image with a teeny piece of lace. Adhere to panel. Stamp My Story below image.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Embellish the panel with lace and stained seam binding and finally distress edges of panel and apply Little Black Dress paint.

 

Until next time,
 

Lynne

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful lynne I can see why this is a go to stamp, great shabby chic make
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That image is beautiful Lynne, I can see why it's a favourite. I love the background too, great colours and textures.
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous piece Lynne, the image is beautiful.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,can't believe that's a stamp! Beautiful creation Lynne ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous Lynne. Your grungy background is amazing and the Lily Elsie image looks so lovely in contrast.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely and beautiful piece, my dear Lynne.
    Your background is wonderful with all the stamping and colour mix, and I always love when you
    make those photo real stamps, as they are perfectly done. The finish with flower,lace and ribbons, makes it romantis and shabby.
    I wish you a good sunday, my friend.
    Dorthe xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely and beautiful piece, my dear Lynne.
    Your background is wonderful with all the stamping and colour mix, and I always love when you
    make those photo real stamps, as they are perfectly done. The finish with flower,lace and ribbons, makes it romantis and shabby.
    I wish you a good sunday, my friend.
    Dorthe xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Captivating! I love the image and by pairing it with those words you have definitely created a story! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful use of colour Lynne and that image is so striking - fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just lovely, Lynne! Suzanne would be so happy you use this image a lot. I too enjoy her. Great project! Hope you are doing well.
    DebbieK x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So dramatic! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lynne this is perfectly lovely! What a wonderful composition and such amazing stamping! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really beautiful Lynne. It caught my attention and held me, so I could drink in all it's beauty. Great make! ~ Cobs. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another stunning piece you've created dear Lynne.
    Lily Elsie is such a beauty and your stamping is superb!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous stamps set and stunning piece, I love the use of blue colours and all the fabulous stamping as usual. A striking creation by Lynne!! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous stamps set and stunning piece, I love the use of blue colours and all the fabulous stamping as usual. A striking creation by Lynne!! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...