Monday, 25 May 2015

No More Adventures by Deborah



 

 

Speedball Brayer
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paints: South Pacific, Beach Hut, Zesty Zing

Maroon and rusty coloured card from my stash

 

I started with two gelli prints from my stash. For the background I used Rebekah Meier's Mini Love Post stencil but you could use any stencil that gives you texture and interest when mono printed.
 

I  trimmed it to size then stamped the Carabelle stamps randomly in red , grey and neon blue. Then I stamped one of Dina's Gals onto the Mod gelli print in black archival, cutting out to include a body. The washi and words were stamped on the lighter part of the gelli print.
 

Once I had glued everything in place, I roughly outlined the figure with the fude ball and white pens, adding colour with the Portfolio pastels (face, hair, smudging with my finger)and the Poppy Promarker. Actually, you can barely see the blue stars (from the edge of the Oiseau stamp) but they still add depth and texture. 
 

I used the fude ball to add my own Dina-inspired scribbly writing round the figure and to edge the background with a deliberately (honest) wobbly line. To finish, I mounted the piece onto maroon card then onto a rust coloured card from my stash but this would have worked as a journal page too.
 
 
 
Deborah
 

10 comments:

  1. Love it Deborah!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous mixed media piece Deborah, great colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An absolute stunner Debs! Really love the grungy look and the colours and detail look amazing.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the lovely,vibrant colours Deborah,really zingy and fresh
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! The colours are gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Deborah - that background is FABULOUS. This is such a FUN and BRIGHT creation. So great to see and read about. THANKS BUNCHES. j

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous artful adventure. Such a bold card which exudes strength. Amazing.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! Love your background ♥ Fab sentiment too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a scintillating card - the bold colours are stunning, and there's such dynamic energy in the stamping and layering - just love it!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such fabulous colours and stamping - fab!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...