Saturday, 9 May 2015

Live Gently Upon This Earth by Amanda Southern


Hi Everyone

Well I wasn’t expecting to be back this soon but I was delighted to be asked to join the That’s Crafty Design Team on a permanent basis and of course that was such an easy yes! So I will be here each week to share one of my projects with you. I know I’m here today on a Saturday but my normal day for sharing a project with you will be Tuesday, so I will be sharing another project with you this coming Tuesday.



 
 




I have a card for you today and this is how I made it:-

 

 

My Background has been made using the 8” x 10” gelli plate, acrylic paint and Indigoblu Bubbles Background stamp.

 
First brayer a thin layer of acrylic paint onto your gelli plate and let it dry, then lay another thin layer of paint over it, and before that layer is dry stamp into the wet paint and then pull your print, this all has to be done rather quickly so the second layer of paint doesn’t dry.

 
I then stamped the New York City scape using black Versafine ink and dried with a heat gun and then roughly coloured the buildings with shades of grey Spectrum Noir pencils.

 
I took one of the bubble imprints to be my sun and then coloured it with Spectrum Noir pencils in shades of orange and red pulling out and blending the colours with blending solution and a paper stump.

 
To make the scene even more moody I edged the whole piece using pumice stone distress ink.
 
 
I then added my quote from Tim Holtz small talk sticker book.


 

What I used:-

 


 
Hope you like it? And I will see you all again this coming Tuesday

 
Love
 
Amanda X

6 comments:

  1. Huge congratulations Amanda on your GD position now being a permanent DT one! Beautiful card, the Indigo Blu bubble stamp is amazing, must check this out.

    Your city scape is showing me the upheaval we have caused by not living gently upon our Earth. So very poignant... :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to have you back, Amanda :-) And what a fabulous return. I love that subtle gelli background - just right for the city skyline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge congratulations and WOW! What a fabulous card! LOVE how you've used the Bubbles Background for the sky - works perfectly with that Cityscape - and the dazzling sun adds the perfect focal point. Amazing! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,yes this is stunning and actually it would make a perfect framed picture....your cards are too good for cards!!
    Huge congrats on being permant too but of course I'm slightly biased :)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really is beautiful and so serene looking Amanda. So glad to hear you're staying with us too. Biased here too tee hee!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - your projects are always so wonderful and above par Amanda - it is easy to see why you are a DT member. This is breathtaking. j.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...