Thursday, 21 May 2015

Journal Style Pocket Watch by Carol Fox



 
 

I picked up a rather lovely 2nd hand book recently, it’s called “Taking flight” and it has a collaged style pocket watch in it. So this is my take on the project using stamped images and a handmade background.

I dug around in my scrap box (it was lucky I checked this as I had missed the S off)  and found a Gelli Plate scrap which was just big enough for my background, so I cut a circle to fit the back of the pocket watch, and stamped a small text stamp over it.

I stamped my image and butterfly onto a paper scrap and coloured these in. I used my favourite pencils.

I layered my images onto my background, adding a bit of shadow to the image by outlining it with a soft black pencil, bending the butterfly wing so that it sat slightly proud of the back and adding a partial quote from the Tim Holtz small talk pad.

I stuck my collage to the back of the pocket watch, I then added the front of the watch to complete the project.

I did debate whether to add a rub-on the front of the glass and I have not at this point as you can see, but I do think a little swirl or similar may look nice, so this could be something further to add if you fancy making one yourself.
 

Items Used


See you next week,  
 
Carol x

6 comments:

  1. I love this! What a great idea. I have an empty case like this but I've been lacking some inspiration on how to use it... now I'm getting a few more ideas. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab idea Carol. The stamping looks so lovely framed in the watch.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative - great project. j.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic stamps - and they look so cool here.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...