Thursday, 7 May 2015

Jack in The Corner by Carol Fox



 
 

Paint, ink and messy hands what a great Bank Holiday Monday I had, playing in my craft room getting messy, this is one of the things I made during the day a page in my small journal.

I started by braying some colour onto my page, I then added some more of the same colours with dry brushing to even out the colour a bit. I applied black paint through a stencil using a paint brush. I dry brushed cream paint over this to knock back the sharpness of the black a bit.

I stamped my main image in the corner and swirled brown and cream paint over this area fading the colour out as it reached the edges. I stamped my image again over the brown patch of paint, I used a stamp positioner to line the image up, this made the image sharp over the painted area where the paint had faded it out a bit. I coloured the eyes and buttons with coloured pencils.

I stamped the buttons in the corner and coloured these with pencils.

I added a few strips of randomly torn washi tape to the page before stamping my words.

I finished by adding a bit of red, blue and black paint to the page for interest and a bit of doodling around the edges.
 

I used


 
 

Carol x

1 comment:

  1. Great journal pages Carol, I love Jack in the corner. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...