Tuesday, 12 May 2015

It’s not about where you are today…………… by Amanda Southern

 
 
 
 
 

Hi everyone

Well I’m now in my regular slot for That’s Crafty!, Tuesday, so I look forward to bringing you one of my projects each week. It’s no secret that I just love the Stamps of Carabelle Studio, and That’s Crafty! have loads of them, as my bank balance will testify!! For this project I have used the Carabelle stamps designed by Azoline and have created an 8 x 8 inch canvas board.

 

How I made it:-

 
 
I started with a piece of Strathmore Mixed Media Card, which is my absolute go to for anything inky or painty or anything where a lot of water is involved, for me it’s the best.
 

Using Dylusions paint and water on my craft mat I started picking up the diluted paint, drying it with my heat gun and then picking up some more repeating the process until I was happy with it.
 

I then applied acrylic paint scrapings that I had saved, Yes I save dried paint scrapings…doesn’t everyone? I added them to my project with matt gel medium along with some torn book pages.
 

I then stamped several Azoline buildings stamps and then set to in painting them using diluted Dylusions paints. If you haven’t tried these paints they are “Lush”!! Also London bus PaperArtsy Fresco paint.

 
I then highlighted certain parts with a white Posca pen but you could also use a white gel pen. I doodled the border around the outside of my project using paint having first outlined with a black fine liner pen.
 
 
I finished the piece off with Kaisercraft rub ons applied with the Idea-ology Remnant Rub Tool.
 
 
I then mounted it onto a canvas board that I had painted with black Dylusions paint.
 
 
 

What I used:-

 

Carabelle Studio Stamps by Azoline – Urbania & Zintenkia
Dylusions Paints - Crushed Grape, White Linen, Lemon Zest, Vibrant Turquoise & Black
Acrylic Paint Scrapings
Torn Book Pages
White Pen – Gel/Posca etc
Canvas Board – 8 x 8
 
 
 
Think that’s everything
 
 
Hope you like it and I’ll see you next Tuesday
 
 
Love
 
Amanda X

7 comments:

  1. Simply WOW and stunning....I LOVE this and it should be hung in a modern art gallery right now!!
    Big paint scrapping hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waste not, want not, including dried paint scrapings LOL. They certainly do add texture and interest to your stunning and colourful artwork, Amanda. Inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Amanda! This really is stunning and I'd never have thought that was paint scraps on the amazing background. Love it!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an insanely brilliant canvas board - so fabulous to have Amanda here regularly!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh oh oh - I want to see it in person. This is INCREDIBLE. The colors are so fabulous. TOTALLY awe struck. j .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...