Tuesday, 19 May 2015

Dye Inks and a Gelli Plate by Amanda Southern


 
 
 
 
 
I have been playing around with the new 6 inch round Gelli Plate, I love nothing more than smearing acrylic paints onto the Gelli Plate and taking those wonderful pulls of colour however this time I wanted a more subtle colour. I decided to play around with dye inks on the Gelli Plate and I have used Ranger Dye Inks.
 
 
 
 
 
 

I first applied my die inks to the Gelli Plate with a brayer in exactly the same way you would with acrylic paints. I have used 3 colours of ink to get a gradient look. Once I was happy with the layer of ink I stamped into the dye. The first card I inked up my stamp with Versafine ink and stamped the colour directly onto the Gelli Plate over my dye ink prepared surface. The second I used a clean stamp and again stamped directly onto the Gelli Plate, this time the clean stamp removed the dye ink colour from the Gelli Plate. I then laid my white card over the Gelli Plate and pulled my print, again as you would with paint.


I then added my stamped images that I had stamped onto white paper and cut out and then finished with my sentiment.
 

Each was then mat and layered onto black card stock and mounted onto an 8x8 card blank.
 

I really like the subtle effect that the dye ink gives.

 

I Used:-


Ranger Dye Inks – Electric Lime, Caribbean Coast & Wild Orchid
Versafine Inks – Deep Lagoon & Spanish Moss
Carabelle Stamps used: –  Bloom 
                                        Reach for the Stars
                                        Dancing in the Rain
                                        Leafs 
                                        Ombrelines aux Pistils
Tim Holtz Stamps used:-  Life Quotes
                                        Perspective
8x8 Card Blank

 

Hope you like it
 

Love
 

Amanda X

8 comments:

  1. The dye inks give a wonderfully subtle background. And a a very classy card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that subtle background Amanda, beautiful cards! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two absolutely stunning cards,I love the pastel shades of the Gelli printing and it's an unusual method too.....wonderful stuff yet again teamie!
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both these are stunning! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I especially love the top one, the background looks almost as though it has been stitched.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda - these are INCREDIBLY LOVELY. I'm soooo impressed... wow. j.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Playing catch up Amanda and so glad I did as these are just fabulous! Love the round background and the black and white contrast looks amazing.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the soft colours of the subtly blended inks - great work with the round gelli plate... tempter!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...