Thursday, 14 May 2015

Crazy Gelli Circle Card by Carol Fox




 

 

I wanted to try this as soon as I saw the round Gelli Plates and the 4inch one is just perfect for the front of a 6inch card. So here we have it total experiment and I hope it works.
 

What I did

I stamped the bird in black Archival ink onto the card using the gelli circle as my guide as to where abouts to stamp it.
 


 
 

I used acryic paint to colour my bird, putting small spots of colour on my craft mat and mixing them as I went so a smudge effect was achieved, as you can see all the detail on my bird has gone, so when this was dry I re-stamped my bird over the top, using a stamp positioner to get him in the right place. I masked off my image using a post it note.
 

 
 

I put my Gelli Plate onto an acrylic block and brayered some paint onto it and printed it over my masked bird, I removed the plate and applied some paint through a stencil, replaced the mask and printed again in the same spot (I must admit this was not as easy as I thought it would be as the mask was a bit fiddley to keep in position and I kept losing one of my bird legs, but it was not impossibly difficult).

I finished with a last layer of white on the Gelli Plate this time using the 2nd generation print on the card to blend it all together.
 

 
 

I finished my card with a stamped sentiment (I love this clear set from the Roald Dahl range) and then added a hand drawn border to my card.
 

I used

Tim Holtz Crazy Bird Stamp Set (due back in stock next week)
Black Fude Pen

 


Carol x

7 comments:

  1. It works for me, Carol. A smashing card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw love this one, such a fab robin, thank you for showing how you did it

    Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cheeky chap, really brings a smile to my face. He's got a sense of humour that's for sure. A brilliant card, you have really brought him to life, looking up and reading the "Hello"

    ReplyDelete
  4. GENIUS - so fun, so fast, so fabulous!! j.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very lovely card Carol, and I love your technique!!! So fun :D Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very lovely card Carol, and I love your technique!!! So fun :D Coco xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...