Monday, 11 May 2015

Attitude by Deborah



 
 
 

Dylusions Cling Mounted Stamps: Strength; Doolally Dorris (wing)
ArtistCellar TEXtures Series 2: Gera (substitute TEXtures Series 2: Bird)
Dina Wakley Media Heavy Body Acrylic Paint: Lime, Tangerine, Magenta
Gelli Plate
ProMarkers: Bright Orange, Carmine, Black
Sharpie Fine Point Poster Paint Marker: White (substitute Ranger Inkssentials Opaque White Pen)

 

For this week's card I made two gelli prints using the same stencil and paint colours. Until I came to write this up I didn't realise the Gera stencil was no longer stocked but Bird is very similar.
 

I brayered stripes of the three colours onto the Gelli Plate (the colours can blend into each other) then placed the stencil on top. I pulled my first print with the stencil still in place and it is this print I used for the background and the panels. 
 

Then I removed the stencil and pulled another print. Onto this I stamped the wing (twice) and the face in black Archival ink. I cut them out (cutting the 'hair' away) and glued them in place, adding one wing as a quiff on the top of her head. The three pink dots are cut from the second wing.
 
 
 
 
 
 

I coloured in the dots, the lips and the whites of the eyes with the white post paint pen. I used Carmine on the lips and eyelids. Then I cut my panels (from off-cuts of the background print), edged them with black and stuck the word stickers on top.
 

After edging the background panel with the orange and carmine ProMarkers I mounted it onto the black card.



Deborah

8 comments:

  1. Love the bright colours of this, love the stencil work, great fun card.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes this is such a fun,colourful card Deborah,love it :)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulously quirky card Debs and love the gelli print stamping and bright colours.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a funky card - amazing colours and bold graphics!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hhehehehe - love everything about this - so fun and such a great job. Love the gelli prints and how you used them. j.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bold contrasts on this! I love your gelli printing. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...