Wednesday, 6 May 2015

Art Heart by Alison Hall



 

 

Hello Crafters. This week I have been using DecoArt Media products to create some hanging art for my craft room.

 

Here's what I used... 


Plywood Heart (there are plenty of alternative surfaces you could use in the Chipboard/Board/Veneer section of the website)
DecoArt Media Paint - Green Gold, Quinacridone Gold, Carbon Black
Stencil Brush
Rusty Wire
Green Pearl Beads
 
 
 

Here's what I did...

 

 

1. I started by priming the heart with white gesso, then painted it with the green gold.
 

2. I used Carbon Black Paint to stencil the Viva La Art design, dried it with the heat gun, then applied the crackle glaze with a paintbrush. The glaze is self-leveling, leave it to dry and crackle naturally on a flat surface for a few hours.
 

3. I used my finger to work the Carbon Black Antiquing Cream all over the heart & into the crackles. Once this was dry, I wiped off the excess with a damp cloth, until I had the look I wanted.
 

4. Using my finger again, I smeared some Quinacridone Gold paint around the edges. I dried this, then applied a layer of the ultra-matte varnish to seal everything.
 

5. I finished my hanging by punching holes at the top and adding rusty wire and beads, curling the wire around a paintbrush in the middle and at the ends.

 

Thanks for visiting, I hope I've inspired you,

 

Alison x

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous piece, Alison. Loved the way you have played with different Deco Art Mediums, it looks awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Great crackle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic, Alison. The rusty wire is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you really have inspired me Alison, I love everything about it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful crackle effect Alison,beautifully made :)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your heart turned out great Alison!
    That crackle effects along with every detail is wonderful.
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic Alison.. I so like this great crackle effect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great effect on your heart, love it!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous crackle Alison! Love this heart art! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A real work of art Alison and love the antique crackle look.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love this grungy make - from the fab crackle to that brilliant curly wire!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...