Tuesday, 26 May 2015

All The Gals by Amanda Southern

 
Hi Everyone,

And I’m back with you this Tuesday with what has ended up as a wall hanging.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I started by using the waste mountboard from a recent die cut project, each piece is 3 ¾” x 2 ¾” of which I then rounded the corners off. I then gave each a light coat of gesso. Once that was dry I then lightly smeared texture paste onto each one. I then chose some texture stamps, very lightly sprayed them with water and then stamped into the texture paste, this requires quite a light touch in order to maintain the pattern of the stamp. I then let the whole thing dry overnight.
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
Once the texture paste was dry I then added more paste but this time through stencils and again left to dry.
 
I then added Dylusions Paints with a coarse dry brush and then watered down some of the red paint and flicked on with a small paintbrush.
 

 

 
 
 
 
 

My “Gals” were all stamped onto tissue paper using black Archival ink, torn out and then applied to the boards with Matt Multi Medium. Once that was dry I applied red paint to just the lips. I then stamped my words onto white paper and added hand drawn frames to them with a black fine liner pen and cut out and added to my cards with 3D gel.
 
I then didn’t know what to do with them and after a few days came up with the idea of mounting them onto a piece of aviary wire sheet that I cut down to fit. It was galvanised silver so I painted it black with black gesso and then stuck them onto it using a hot glue gun. 
 
 
 

What I Used:-

 

Corner Rounder (Heavy duty)
Stampendous Stamps:-  Grunge
                                    Wired
                                    Mish Mesh
Dina Wakley Stamps:-    Positive Women
                                    Scribbly Women
                                    Face in the Crowd
Dylusions Paint – Post Boxed,Vibrant Turquoise, Black Marble
Aviary Mesh Sheet
 
 
Hope you like it and I’ll be back next Tuesday 
 
 
Thanks
 
 
Amanda X

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Those textures look amazing, even naked. Once you add Dina gals...perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. INCREDIBLE. Love all the texture and you made the paints look FABULOUS. GREAT creativity! j.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this. Everything about it is wonderful, Dina's girls looking very glam too :)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous textures and colours. A very cool piece of art.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, they are lovely. You created a fine piece of art !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Amanda! These are really stunning. Amazing texture and detail and love those soft colours too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these beauties Amanda! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally cool - love how you created the textured backgrounds with stamping as well as stencilling, and the women look wonderful.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...