Saturday, 2 May 2015

A Fun, Rainy Day Project by Donna Ratcliff


 
 
 
 

Morning all! I have a little project, that is fun for all but definitely something to help keep the kids occupied on a rainy day……or any days come to that! I made these with an after schools group last year and they had great fun, although I’ve refrained from using all the glitter, googly eyes etc that they were playing with!!  
 

What I used

Black Archival Ink 
Old Book Pages

 
 

What I did….

1. There’s no hard and fast rules about size here but I started with a 4 ¼ “ x 4 “ piece of white card, then cut and scored it to give me this……

 
 
 
 
 
2. Then fold the corners over and glue the closed using the little flap…



 


 
 3. Next I cut a triangle of card to fit the bookmark and covered it with some old book paper. Also glued some more book paper to a piece of scrap card and stamped the bird onto it, then cut him out…
 
 
 
 
 
 
4. I coloured my little bird with Distress ink, added the words and then stuck him to my little covered triangle. Then I glued the whole thing to my book mark base.
 
 
 
 

Sadly this will be my last post for the Design Team, other commitments force me to step down. It's not been an easy decision and I'm going to really miss being part of the team. So I would like to wish Laura and the rest of the team the best of luck and I'll see you around in crafty blogland!
 
Hope you have a lovely weekend,
 
Donna xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...