Monday, 6 April 2015

Playing with Stencils & Stamps by Amanda Southern


 
Hi Amanda here and today I’d like to share a card with you that I made using the fabulous new Stencil Girl Stencil by Matus deMeng.




 
 
 
 

To make the card I first added the stencilled image. To get a clean image I tape the stencil into place on all 4 sides to my card using low tack masking tape.


I then applied the ink through the stencil, for me I use stencil brushes and find that the Clarity Stencils to be the best as they are so much softer than other stencil brushes I have tried. Don’t load your brush with too much ink take some of it off onto your craft mat.
 

Gently sweep the brush in the direction of your stencil to slowly build up the colour. Don’t rush this stage or add too much colour at once as this is when you can get bleed under the stencil. Experience has taught me that!! I have built up my image using 3 colours and my chosen ink is Versamagic as I love the chalky finish these inks give you. I had masked off the mouth with masking tape to stop any blue going in it. I then removed my tape and added the red in the same way as before, slowly building the colour up.

 
Once happy I removed the stencil and added some stamping in the same colours of ink. For contrast I overstamped in the red I had used for her lips.

 
Finally I added my stamped sentiment in black so it stood out.


 

I used:-

 
StencilGirl Stencil – Pretty as a Peacock (due back in stock very soon)
Versamagic Chalk Inks – Turquoise Gem, Aegean Blue,  Night Sky & Red Magic
Carabelle Studio - Metre Steampunk Stamp
Tim Holtz Stamp Set – Creative Muse
 
 
Hope you like it.
 
 
Love

 
Amanda

12 comments:

  1. The new Andrea Matus deMeng stencils and the Clarity stencil brushes are on my wish list they are so beautiful and useful, so glad you have them already. Great tips about the stencilling, i read Barbara Gray's blog for her wonderful tips too. Some fab colours and stamps Amanda, great card :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous project. I love the stencilling and stamping along with the great colour choice x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely brilliant,so pop art.....it really should be on a canvas with a hefty price tag!
    Big arty hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab tips - thanks for the info xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous stencil - love it - great make x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stencil is gorgeous and your card is absolutely stunning! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous card Amanda and I've got my eye of that fabulous stencil too!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Amanda! The touches of red really make this card zing! Fab face stencil too. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like this card a lot Amanda...great use of everything, great colours!
    Greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks amazing Amanda! Love that colour combination too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card from Amanda - so dramatic with the limited colour palette.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...