Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Mini Canvas Trio by Alison Hall





 

 

This week I have been using Dina Wakley Media paint and stamps to create a mini canvas hanging.

 

Here's what I used... 


Dina Wakley Media Stamp Sets - Primitive Icons, Textures
Dina Wakley Media Acrylic Paint - Sky, Lime, Blackberry Violet, Sterling, Black
Dina Wakley Media Gesso - White, Black
Craft Mat
Mat Board
Large Silver Eyelets
Idea-ology Ball Chain
 
 

Here's what I did...

 

1. I primed three 2x2 inch canvasses with the White Gesso, using a palette knife. I wanted a bit of texture, so I did this quite roughly.
 
 
 
 

 

2. Next, I stamped images from the Primitive Icons and Textures stamp sets onto the canvasses. I used the brayer to apply the paint to the stamps, adding a dot of colour to the craft mat, rolling it out, then applying it to the stamps. I stamped the script with Sterling, although it doesn't show up very well in my photo, but it adds a bit of shimmer.
 

3. I used sponged the sides of the canvasses with paint, one with Blackberry Violet, one with Sky, and the last with Lime.
 
 
 

 

4. Whilst I was stamping the canvasses in step 2, I was cleaning the paint from my brayer onto a scrap of card. I stamped the words onto this painty scrap, with Black paint. As you can see, the word 'LOVE' didn't stamp too well the first time, so I stamped it again. 
 
 
 
 
 

5. I cut out the words and glued them onto the canvasses with Glossy Accents. I used the end of a paintbrush to added some Sterling paint accent dots.
 
 
 
 

 

6. I painted a piece of 8 x 3 inch mat board with black gesso, added silver gilding wax to the edges, some eyelets and ball chain to the top, then adhered my three canvasses.

 

I hope I've inspired you to make some colourful art with Dina's luscious paint colours and stamps.

 

Alison x 

8 comments:

  1. What a fab hanging for a craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea Alison,love that it's funky and bright ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just fabulous Alison and love the painty effects and bright pops of colour.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this little trio :-)
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of those mini canvases Alison!
    Yummy color selection with such great final results.
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of those mini canvases Alison!
    Yummy color selection with such great final results.
    oxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...