Friday, 10 April 2015

Live The Dream by Fliss Goodwin


 

 

Hi there, I have another Carabelle Studio stamp creation to share this week as I had some leftovers from a project a couple of weeks back and I decided to make a card with them. Hope you like it.
 
 

 

Ingredients: 


Distress Inks – Crushed Olive, Weathered Wood, Picked Raspberry, Stormy Sky
Archival Inks – Fern Green, Cobalt
Smooth Stamping Card
Grey Card
Coloured Pencils – I used Spectrum Noir Floral Set
Graphite Pencil


 

Recipe:

 

·       I cut a panel of stamping card approximately 11 x 14cm and used the mesh collage stamp with Crushed Olive and then Weathered Wood inks, repeat stamping, some without re-inking, until the card was covered and looked grungy.
 

·       I next cut a panel of the stamping card slightly smaller than my card blank and used the same stamp with Picked Raspberry, Weathered Wood and Stormy Sky inks just down the sides as the centre was going to be covered up – no point wasting ink!
 

·       I stamped Helena on stamping card with the Fern Archival ink and then added colour to some areas with the coloured pencils. I then partially trimmed round the image from the shoulder up and around the hair then down around her hand leaving a narrow white border. I then used a graphite pencil to add contrast and depth round the white border to make the image pop.
 

·       I stamped the text on a scrap of stamping card with the cobalt ink, trimmed it to a panel and added a grey mat. I added a grey mat to the green and blue background panel, glued the main panel to the card and fixed the green panel on top.
 

·       I finished off with the trimmed Helena image and added the sentiment.
 

 

We have a new challenge starting today over at That’s Crafty Challenge Blog so don’t forget to check it out at 8am – the theme is a personal favourite of mine too!

 

Have a great weekend and see you next week.

 

Fliss x

3 comments:

  1. Love it Fliss! Great background and one of my favourite Carabelle stamps,
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that background Fliss, great card! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Fliss,the more I see that stamp the more I'm tempted to get it :)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...