Saturday, 25 April 2015

Journal Page by Donna Ratcliff



 
 
 
Morning all! My journal was still laying on the side from when I painted the birds on it last week so I decided to splosh a bit of paint around …
 

What I used

Tim Holtz Layering Stencil - Schoolhouse
Black Pen
Black Gesso

 

What I did….


1. Started off by roughly painting some patches of orange and turquoise onto the page.

2. Then I laid the stencil on the page and painted over it with black gesso.

3. Next I gave that a quick dry and then stamped on some text using the Kaisercraft script stamp.

4. For an added layer I took the Schoolhouse stencil and using a mix of black gesso and orange paint I sponged on some letters.

5. I then used a mix of a black pen and some white gesso to outline and highlight the face.

6. Once I’d done that I decided it needed more black so I used an old ‘gift card’ to scrape on some black gesso in odd spots across the page. Then to finish I splashed some bits of white gesso across the page.
 

Hope you have a lovely weekend and see you next week

Donna xx

4 comments:

  1. Totally fab, love that stenciled face, and great background Donna! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page Donna!! :) One of my favorite stencils along with favorite techniques and colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page Donna. Such lovely colours and a beautiful face too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...