Saturday, 18 April 2015

Journal Cover by Donna Ratcliff



 
 
 

Morning all! A bit of a personal make this week as I decided to add some decoration to my moleskin art journal in the form of some sketchy, painty birds. 

 

What I used…

 
 

What I did….

1. I started off by stamping the birds onto the cover using some of the white paint.
 
 
 
 
 
 

2. Then I painted them with a mixture of yellow and turquoise blending the paint wet into wet.
 
3. Next I sponged a bit of white paint through the Schoolhouse stencil.
 
 
  
 
 

4. To finish off I inked up the birds again with black ink and overstamped the painted images to put some of the detail back.
 
  
 
 
 

Hope you have a lovely weekend and see you next week
 
Donna xx

3 comments:

  1. Great tutorial Donna, the birds are beautiful against the black.
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...