Tuesday, 28 April 2015

I Heart Wings by Donna Gray


Hello everyone, 

Donna here today sharing a tag I made using the beautiful angel stamp from Carabelle Studio. It really is a pleasure colouring her in and I’ve also given her some heart shaped wings! 

Let me show you the background I made first:
 


 
 
 

and then I carved this stamp from Speedy-Carve:
 
 
 
 
 
 

Then you put it all together after a little colouring etc and you get this:
 
 
 
 
 
 

This Is What I Did: 

 

I had a size 8 tag on hand to mop up some brayering on wood I did. I always find these ‘mop up’ tags really lead to some interesting colour and pattern combinations. This was using Fresco paints. The paint was just applied randomly.

 
Taking an old credit card, I printed some random lines on the tag using surplus black paint I had.

 
Then take a DecoArt Media Mister colour of your choice, spray, allow to run down the tag. I love this effect!

 
Then I took one of the stamps from the new Prima, Finnabair set and randomly stamped over the tag using black Archival.

 
Next, stamp your lovely angel onto thick, white card and colour with ProMarkers.  

 
Take your newly carved stamp and stamp on another piece of thick, white card using Memento Brilliance ink.

 
I’ve added a little embellishment from my stash, the words are from Tim Holtz Small Talk sticker book and there you have it!
 
 

Supplies Used: 

 
Hope you like it
 
 
Donna x

12 comments:

  1. Love how you combine your own stamps into your work. Love this tag!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this, great idea for the hand carved stamp, it just makes it all come together x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Donna! Love that background and what a clever idea for wings!! Beautiful image, love the touches of colour on her feather dress! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything about this tag is wonderful, Donna, but I have to add that it would not be as perfect without your stamped wings--so beautifully carved. Amazing work, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you love these Carabelle stamps Donna and your added wings from your carved stamp are so creative and suit her beautifully. Great background.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I saw the first photo I thought Halloween had come early, Donna :-) How wrong I was, and what a fabulous tag you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tag, Inky! :) love the way you created your own stamp and then used the heart stamp to create her wings. Very clever! Love the background of your tag. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A totally gorgeous tag Donna and her heart wings look amazing!
    Might have to try the stamp carving myself too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing Donna, I love your new stamps, but my fave bit is your hand carved wings - perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic tag, love the background & your hand carved wings Donna!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...