Monday, 13 April 2015

Good Friends are Like Stars by Amanda Sothern


 
Hi Amanda here and I have another project using the fabulous stamps from Carabelle Studio. This range of stamps have to be “up there” as one of my favourite manufacturers. They have just released some fabulous new ones that I am waiting to get my hands on, check out the shop for the new designs HERE, but for now I am using “Visage Athena”
and “Reach for the Stars”.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My background was made using Dylusions sprays and the cling film technique, which is once you have sprayed on your colours lay a piece of clingfilm over it and then scrunch it up, leave it on for about 15mins to create a fabulous background card.
 
I then wanted to give the piece the “Bokeh” effect. I needed a stencil of circles of different sizes and I didn’t have one with big enough circles, so I cut my own from a sheet of acetate and the EK Tools Circle Cutter by taping the acetate to a glass cutting mat and cutting out the sizes I needed 1”,1.5” & 2”.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I then stencilled on the circles with a piece of cut and foam using  Brilliance Pigment ink – Moonlight white (or any other white ink pad) I transferred some of the white ink to my craft mat so my colour of my inky background didn’t contaminate the white ink pad.
 
My image was stamped onto a gesso covered book page lightly sprayed with dylusions and given the same Bokeh treatment.
 
Stars and sentiment were stamped directly onto my background.
 
Matted onto black card I added it to an 8 x 8 card blank.
 
 

Items used:-

 

Dylusions Ink Sprays Funky Fushia, Pure Sunchine, Dirty Martini and Black Marble
Glass Cutting Mat
Book Page
8x8 Card Blank
 
 
Hope you like it
 
Love
 
Amanda x

10 comments:

  1. Oooh I love that bokeh effect - so cleverly achieved, and a stunning project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just fabulous Amanda !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous make, great techniques and use of those stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bokeh effect looks fabulous with the gorgeous bright Dylusions! Great card Amanda! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep,this is a stunner alright! I LOVE this technique so of course now I must try it.....wonderful inspiration once again Amanda
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! Love your work n inspiration. Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely stunning Amanda! Love the bokeh style background and Athena looks fab on the script too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning. lovely composition xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Amanda, loving both the background techniques you used and i must admit i love Carabelle stamps too, must order some more very soon :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous... love the white bubble effect, wouldn't have known the name - but it's fabulous!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...