Tuesday, 7 April 2015

Funky Birds by Donna Gray


Mandy C is leaving our DT and we would like to take this opportunity to thank Mandy very much for her fabulous projects and contribution to the blog over the last 3 years. We’d like to wish Mandy all the best for the future too.
 

We are very pleased to announce that Donna Gray is joining the blog as a permanent member. Donna has been a guest designer for the last 2 months and I’m sure you’ve all enjoyed her projects as much as we have. We’d like to wish Donna a very warm welcome!


Hello everyone, Donna here today and I’m working with some funky little birdies! 

I also have some fantastic news, I’m delighted to announce I’ve been made a permanent member of the That’s Crafty! Team…..I nearly ate a cake to celebrate as I’m so happy about it ;)
 
When I first saw the new Tim Holtz stamps I resisted them….I really did…..then I saw how wonderfully they were being used so I caved in….ah willpower isn’t it a wonderful thing…if you have it of course! 

I had a little blank wooden birdhouse that was given to me by one of my lovely bloggy friend’s and I thought that would be a good place to start.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

What I Did:

 

 
Painted the wooden birdhouse with a dark shade of Fresco paint because I wanted to do the ‘crackle effect’. Dry that then apply a thin layer of PaperArtsy Crackle, I always use an old credit card for that, make sure that’s dry then apply a thin layer of lighter coloured Fresco paint, dry with heat gun.
 
 
I have also got a set of the new, gorgeous Prima Finnabair stamps and one of the clear, texture ones so I used them too. The writing stamp was applied over the paint and the circles were too with the music circle stamped onto white card and stuck over the little hole on the birdhouse.
 
 
Next, the little birds were stamped on white card using Memento black ink as I used ProMarkers to colour them in.
 
 
I used some die cut greenery from white card and inked up with Distress Inks.
 
 
I then applied a layer of the beautiful paste from Cosmic Shimmer on the roof of the birdhouse, this colour has got to be seen to be believed but it does take a while to dry.
 
 
The hearts were really easy to make using rusty wire, old pages, Crackle Accents and paint/antiquing cream.
 
 
I propped the birdies up using foam pads, added some embellishments from my stash and there you have it! A little bit of Spring fun hanging in your house ;)
 
  

 

Supplies List: 

 
Tim Holtz Stamp Set – Bird Crazy (due back in stock soon)
 
 
Hope you like it
 
 
Donna x

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty!! I am also hooked to these crazy birds these days. Nice to see another wonderful creation here :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous make! So fun, vibrant and colourful! Lovely effects and stamps used too!
    Huge congratulations, Donna! I'm so, so happy for you. Have fun with your new DT position! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see Donna here permanently and what a splendid creation to celebrate! Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A quick congratulations from me before we head off to Kent Donna and so lovely to have you staying with us.
    An absolute stunner of a birdhouse too and a perfect home for those cute and quirky birds.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous colourful 'Des Res' for Tims Crazy Birds to live in. Congrats on DT look forward to Tuesday's!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Donna :-) Such a cute and colourful birdhouse (although I'm still in live with Dina's Scribbly Brids, Tim's are such fun). And those rusty hearts are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your new Design Team gig...I'm not surprised, they would be crazy not to ask you!! LOVE your birdhouse! Such great textures, those hearts are amazing!! Beautiful spring colours to go with your crazy spring birds! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw Donna this is brilliant, such a 'Donna' piece (and that's a good thing :-) ) Congratulations on your DT place - have fun xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...