Tuesday, 14 April 2015

Follow Your Heart by Donna Gray


Hello everyone, 

Donna here today with a card using some brand new and delicious Carabelle stamps…guess who ordered some of them as soon as Laura got them in!
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

Here’s What I Did: 

 
 
I used a mixture of 2 stamp sets as they worked so well together, stamping on white card. As I used ProMarkers to colour in the flower and leaves I used black Memento ink, then cut out the shapes.

 
Next, I used some watercolour paper but I’ve been told that Strathmore Mixed Media Paper works a treat for absorbing lots of wet media.

 
I sprinkled some lime green Brusho on my craft mat, spritzed with water and just placed the paper on top. I mopped some off and just heat dried.

 
Then I stamped directly on the paper the ‘stem’ of the flower and the lovely sentiment…everything looks so much better in French…oui?

 
Can you believe I’ve just discovered the Cosmic Shimmer Clear Glue….yes I know…where have I been….anyway, stick your flower and leaves down with that. Add a little touch of stickles to the flower centre to make it pop.

 
Distress the edges a bit and run a green Distress ink around it, mount green card behind the paper, then adhere it all to white cardstock and there you have it…..gotta love these stamps ;)
 

 
 

Supplies Used: 

 
 
 
Hope you like it

 
Donna x
 


12 comments:

  1. Wonderful creation Donna, such a fabulous colour combination. Loving the brushos background. Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy and awesome color combination! Love it Donna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Brusho backgrounnd. And the thread stamp makes a fantastic stalk. Another fab card Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Brusho!! Love the combo of stamps and colour, looking good girl!!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colours are gorgeous and the background is just fabulous for that wonderful flower xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So bright and cheery Donna! Love the bold colours and that fun swirly stem! Such an amazing card to make me smile! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous Donna and really love the purple and green colour combination which is fabulous.
    Can't wait for my new Carabelle stamps either as I did the same as soon as I got back from Kent :D
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. B E A U T I F U L bright and fresh CAS card Donna, simply stunning :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a FAB card!!! I am going crazy with the comments here on this blog......wonderful work you show here!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...