Monday, 20 April 2015

Born to Stand Out by Amanda Southern


Hi Everyone

Have you seen the new stamps from Carabelle Studio that the Shop has got in, they are fabulous and I couldn’t wait to have a play with them.
 
 
 
 

 

To create my background I used my 10”x8” Gelli Plate, smeared with paint, for this I have used PaperArtsy Fresco paints Caribbean Sea and some London Red Bus left on the gelli plate from a previous print. I then made my marks in the paint, you can use alsorts of random items to make marks, I’ve used a piece from an old computer that got smashed up as it makes fabulous swirls.
 

Once dry I then stamped the XXL Carabelle sSamp Art Journal: Dream. For anyone who has had problems getting a clean stamped print from stamps on painted backgrounds  I have stamped all my images using Dylusions Paint (Black Marble) which I applied to the stamp with a brayer and I love how cleanly this paint stamps. I then continued stamping all my images and background with the Dylusions Paint, you really must try it! Remember though if using paint on your stamps wash the paint off straight away, I have a large water sprayer to hand and Ranger stamp cleaning mat.


The flowers, were stamped again using the paint onto a previously made gelli print and cut out and added to the card. I added some white highlights using a Posca Paint Pen. My sentiment was the only item on the card that has been stamped with ink, black Archival. Cut out into separate lines and added to the card. To glue all my items to my background I have used Ranger Glue and Seal.
 

Some machine stitching around the edges finished it off.

 

Items Used:-


PaperArtsy Fresco Paints – Caribbean Sea and London Bus
White Posca Pen – Waterbased
Tim Holtz – ‘Bitty Grunge’ (just for the single star circle)
Black Card for mounting
8x8 Card Blank
Sewing Machine

 

Hope you like it


Love
 

Amanda X

6 comments:

  1. Wow! This is fabulous Amanda. I love the background with that little touch of red, and those gorgeous images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,you've done it again! A perfect example of wonderful colour,positioning and images.....you really do rock this card making lark!
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abosolutely stunning Amanda! Totally amazing layered detail too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful collage artsy stamping and composition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful collage artsy stamping and composition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - you've really achieved great stamping with the paint... almost tempted to go shopping (yet again!!). A fabulous project.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...